cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I submit a question online?

oscarthecat
Dabbler

Why can't I submit a question online?

So, what's the deal with removing online question submission at PlusNet?  I understand that some people might want to speak in real time to a customer services representative.  But, sometimes, we might have a non-urgent issue that just needs reporting.

For example, I tried to remove call features from my plan via the website.  That worked.  But since then, the phone control page has been saying there has been an error and I cannot make any further changes until the next working day.  But it's been stuck like that for days.

So, it's not an immediate problem for me (I have no other changes to make) but I want to bring it to PlusNet's attention.  The only way I can do that is to spend twenty minutes of my time on the phone verbally explaining a non-urgent issue that could be explained in two lines of text.

That's not a good experience.

Where is the online submission form?  I used to be able to do that.

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Why can't I submit a question online?

@oscarthecat It was decided quite some time ago by PN that the 'Ticket' system, effective and useful though it was, was 'old tech' - these days they think everyone uses Twitter/Facebook (I don't) and that was a better medium. Don't get the logic myself, but as I'm no longer a PN customer, I don't really care.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@oscarthecat wrote:

So, what's the deal with removing online question submission at PlusNet?  I understand that some people might want to speak in real time to a customer services representative.  But, sometimes, we might have a non-urgent issue that just needs reporting.

You're not alone in that view. There are numerous posts passim ad nauseam on the subject, but Plusnet refuse to even consider a return to the raising of tickets by customers.

It's as dead as the proverbial parrot.  😥

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your call features. I've sorted that for you now.

Regarding raising a ticket, I appreciate the feedback but I'm afraid we've changed the way you can contact us a while ago as we're favouring to help over the phone, Facebook, Twitter as well as here via our Community Forums. 

If you have further issues or there's anything else you need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
oscarthecat
Dabbler

Well, this post was really about not being able to submit (fault) questions online.  The example I gave of my experience, spending twenty minutes on the phone, started the resolution of the problem I cited in that example.

It's not lost on me that by spending twenty minutes on the phone, your Customer Services staff ultimately raised a ticket.  For which I get updates on my email stream.

So, the position is dumb.  There used to be a mechanism for me to open tickets myself and for you to resolve them asynchronously.  You've removed that so that I have to spend twenty minutes on the phone and you open the ticket for me.  How can that be the best use of anyone's time?

Twitter/Facebook are not a substitution.  Maybe I don't want to discuss my business via a third party company.

Still, that's up to you.  I can point out my experience and you can do with that what you want.  This is why I posted this to Feedback.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thank you for getting back to us.

Just to add to my colleagues response, we do also now have a lot of self help options to help you raise an issue such as raising a broadband fault or phone fault, you can find further information on this here: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/#broadband

Thank you for posting your feedback, we do really appreciate this. I am sorry for the disappointment caused with our contact methods, though should you need any further assistance in future please just let us know Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@oscarthecat See what I mean from the official responses? They just don't get it. You're probably aware that the Live Chat service was abandoned a couple of years ago too.

If I didn't have a technical background I'd have left years ago.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@oscarthecat wrote:

So, the position is dumb.  There used to be a mechanism for me to open tickets myself and for you to resolve them asynchronously.  You've removed that so that I have to spend twenty minutes on the phone and you open the ticket for me.  How can that be the best use of anyone's time?

Twitter/Facebook are not a substitution.  Maybe I don't want to discuss my business via a third party company.

It is far more than dumb, it is not proficient and as @198kHz suggests they do not seem to get it.

I'm convinced that key business decisions have been made by generation-Z having a 35 nano-second attention span.  BT is plagued with the approach, consequently everything is predicated on fashion not functionality.  The ticket system was inclusive available to all customers with zero need to subscribe to anything not core to the purpose of getting support.  Then along comes the fashion conscious generation-Z and - irrespective of accessibility, proficiency or fitness for purpose - everything suddenly needs to be done via social media or a smart phone app.

Complexity brings difficulty and exclusivity and gets in the way of achieving the objective.

This forum is about as close as we now get to a private fit for purpose issue raising environment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kanedaa
Dabbler

I agree with all of the user posts here, it's ridiculous, as are the official responses.

They'll probably remove it soon after I point this out, but you can still submit a ticket if you go via the 'Make a Complaint' route on the contact us page. I did this last time I renewed my contract and was facing months of incorrect billing. I couldn't face having to explain it from scratch to some new random on the phone for the 3rd time in as many months so resorted to making a complaint and that opened a ticket that I could easily monitor and reply to as needed.

Here's the direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38