cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not surprised?

torbayguy
Grafter

Why am I not surprised?

After numerous problems, some the fault of Plusnet, some not, my phoneline was connected.
Then, last week, earlier than I was told to expect, my broadband was connected, great I thought, until I noticed I wasen't connected to ADSL+2!
So, I phoned Plusnet, to be told, PROMISED it was a temporary connection, and that my order would complete on the 13th April, today, and I would then be connected to ADSL+2.
Its 2230hrs, and looking at my router stats, my connection hasen't been touched.
It has not been connected to ADSL+2.
Yet another broken promise from Plusnet.

31 REPLIES 31
torbayguy
Grafter

Re: Why am I not surprised?

I just phoned Plusnet.
The guy I spoke to was lovely, but that was it!
He suggested to change filters and plug the router into the test socket to get better speed!
Erm, no, how about Plusnet connecting me to ADSL+2 so I can actually get better speed!
He also said I had a few disconnections that suggested a fault.
I explained that as I was expecting to have my broadband reconnected to ADSL+2 today, I havent been worried about leaving the router on for the training period, as it would only restart when I connect to ADSL+2.
He said he would raise a fault about the connection.....
Theres no telling some people!
Anyway, I've had enough.

MAC code please.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Oh dear, it never gets any better. Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ritz
Grafter

torbayguy, i wonder whether you were called by substation staff from durban, any ideas?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Good morning torbayguy,
I've just checked your account and can see that your line was reprovided on to 20CN (ADSL1), this completed yesterday so the reason that the speed is currently down at 2mb as that the 10 to 14 day line training process is still taking place at present. As you may be aware during this time the best possible speeds for your line are calculated and will rise gradually during that period. 
According to ticket 32942921 that you were not advised correctly about this, please accept our apologies. I will be speaking personally with the new agent you spoke with to make sure they know where they went wrong and understand how to advise correctly on what ADSL product is being supplied. I have now placed an order to move you on to ADSL2+ within 24 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
torbayguy
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Oh dear, it never gets any better. Sad

It really wears you down after a while Jelv.
I have done my part, I have paid all monies due, and filled out the forms correctly, I even took a day off of work to let a BT engineer into my house, when he no reason to do so, yet from day one I have had no less than 7 problems relating to my account, caused by Plusnet, before I was even connected.
I then had to spend hours of my time trying to sort it all out.
I really am lost with words at the moment, its got to the point where I wish I had never heard of Plusnet.  Sad
torbayguy
Grafter

Quote from: ritz
torbayguy, i wonder whether you were called by substation staff from durban, any ideas?

No Ritz, it was an English guy.
torbayguy
Grafter

Quote from: adamwalker
Good morning torbayguy,
I've just checked your account and can see that your line was reprovided on to 20CN (ADSL1), this completed yesterday so the reason that the speed is currently down at 2mb as that the 10 to 14 day line training process is still taking place at present. As you may be aware during this time the best possible speeds for your line are calculated and will rise gradually during that period. 
According to ticket 32942921 that you were not advised correctly about this, please accept our apologies. I will be speaking personally with the new agent you spoke with to make sure they know where they went wrong and understand how to advise correctly on what ADSL product is being supplied. I have now placed an order to move you on to ADSL2+ within 24 hours.

Hi Adam, thankyou for your reply.
I understand how the DLM works and the point of it, however the broadband has been running over a week, and it has been at 2meg profile, with through put of 1.93 - 1.97 constant throughout the week, so it seems DLM isnt actually doing anything.
I am bewildered at the amount of silly errors that have been made during my change over period, it really does seem that Plusnet have no idea what is going on.
Its wearing me down, simply because I am having to fight every step of the way to simply get the service that Plusnet have offered to sell me.
I am seriously thinking about cancelling Plusnet completely, and moving to O2 when they start to sell phonelines next month.
I know you say you have booked my broadband to be upgraded tomorrow, and I am greatful, but I think its to little to late, if I am honest.
So far every single promise Plusnet have made me, has been broken.
If this is how new customers are treated, then god knows how existing customers must be treated.
Its such a shame that the only good staff have to be contacted through a public forum.
torbayguy
Grafter

It seems my line profile has changed for the better, have you been tweeking Adam?
If you have, thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi torbayguy,
No that was DLM, not me I have to say Smiley The line profile is now at 7150. There was a problem with the modify order placed yesterday, we have re-raised this for you but please be aware that it may take up to 5 working days to go through from now, however I am glad to see that things have improved on ADSL1 in the meantime.
This is by no means an excuse but the the agent you spoke to who commented on ticket 32942921 is new, it is unfortunately inevitable that we all make mistakes and these may be more evident with new staff, he has now been advised accordingly. We do fully appreciate that first impressions are vital and we admit that a poor one was set by us on your first dealings. We have reacted to this in the only way we can. These forums do speak for themselves as although there are complaints posted on here we are also receiving praise from happy customers, especially new ones which goes to show that every point of contact need not be a bad one.
If you still feel like any issues have not been addressed please let me know, at the moment we will keep doing all we can to rectify the poor first impression that has obviously been set here.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
torbayguy
Grafter

Thank you for the reply Adam.
However  it seems that every step of the way there is a problem of some sort, with the latest being the switch to ADSL+2.
It makes me think the same will happen with the billing.
Its got to the point where enough is enough.
Can you please issue me with my MAC code.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi torbayguy,
That's not something we can do via the forum I'm afraid - you'd need to call our cancellations team on 08451406002.
Whilst I understand your point of view, I think it's a bit harsh to cancel on one bad contact and being provided on an older service (which is in coirse of being fixed now). Would there be anything we could do to convince you that it's worth giving us a chance to prove ourselves?
torbayguy
Grafter

The thing is Matt, it's not just this one thing.
Its all of the other little things onlong the way.
Like when I first placed the order, a day later there was an error showing, so I phoned up and was told I had to pay £49.99 to clear the 'error', even though I didnt need or want a new line.
Then there was the number port, I was told it was a mix up between bt/talktalk, it wasent, plusnet put the wrong reference number on the request, then there was the line provide which took days of phone calls to put right.
And the first payment that was never taken, and the broadband that was connected 2 weeks later than initially promised, and even then connected to the wrong server.
It all adds up.
Yes its all small things that were easilly put right, but they shouldnt of happened in the first place.
I shouldnt have to keep going through my account with a tooth comb on a daily bases to root out the mistakes, thats what I pay plusnet for.
And then there is the 'support' staff.
Every time I have phoned plusnet, without fail, I have been given the wrong information.
It is only this forum withe the likes of you, mand and adam that actually give correct information, and sort out problems.
Its driving me mad!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Torbayguy,
To respond to your points on this matter.
Like when I first placed the order, a day later there was an error showing, so I phoned up and was told I had to pay £49.99 to clear the 'error', even though I didnt need or want a new line.

A new line install was needed here as you moved from Tiscali, who by that point had been taken over by Talk Talk, their policy is to cancel any existing phone services when customers cancel, hence they ceased your line, necessitating the new install of a line.
Then there was the number port, I was told it was a mix up between bt/talktalk, it wasent, plusnet put the wrong reference number on the request, then there was the line provide which took days of phone calls to put right.
With regards to any problem with a VIC request in all honesty I'm struggling to find anything to indicate that we did not handle this correctly. Following your signup on the 13th. We had a response on the 19th to confirm that we can port your number from Tiscali, the appropriate order was then raised with the shortest available lead time due to engineer availability for an install on the 1st.
As I've already commented I can see that you were misadvised on a call to us before with regards to ticket 32942921. Are there any other instances of this you need to draw our attention to?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kevf

your all right i'm only getting the below and support are as much use as and ashtray on a motorbike

definatelky considering a switch