cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why So Many MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control) Declaration

vignamic
Dabbler

Re: Why So Many MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control) Declaration

Hi, Think you have not read all the above. PlusNet have already admitted they are short staffed and have no money to make the Infostructure more resilient like other ISP’s had already done and its nothing they can do!!

This is all down to bad planning/management. And as management of PN are key to the success or failure to the business, it all needs to be addressed otherwise the Bad service will continue even if we are not told of upcoming issues.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Actually, yes I have read the whole thread.

The thing is, getting loads of extra staff or whatever to improve customer service would cost extra money.

Not announcing stuff costs nothing extra.

Then they could do a cost/benefit analysis to decide which idea(s) to use, or just see which ones they can afford with the existing budget.

vignamic
Dabbler

If PN were to half their marketing budget i.e. TV adverts can cost circa £350000 (or more) that would pay for extra staffing etc . it’s a matter of planning and budgeting correctly and for the good of the business and its customers. Creating a good customer experience has to be the priority for this type of environment.  

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

They have loads of cash its just inside their wallets at the bottom of their ankles.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

PN are no longer focused on Customers Embarrassed but are more interested in CASH .

Ejs , even OldJim suggested that PN are hiding behind BT   MBORC   words of wisdom from a long time customer .

Its not just long time PN customers who complain but new ones too ,,, so something is drastically wrong at PN towers

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Why not spend the money you would normally spend on the very expensive TV adverts, on making the improvements to both Staffing, the overall Network and customer service.

Now there,s a Idea PN ,, Hold the Tv adds for a while and sort staffing out !!

@MattyC Ask you managers to read all the negative feedback in the forums, and see if they can come up with some new ideas on how to offer better customer care.

Your managers need to sit around a table with their managers and get some plans into action.

If PN were to half their marketing budget i.e. TV adverts can cost circa £350000 (or more) that would pay for extra staffing etc . it’s a matter of planning and budgeting correctly and for the good of the business and its customers. Creating a good customer experience has to be the priority for this type of environment.  

They have loads of cash its just inside their wallets at the bottom of their ankles.

I have to say that this thread is going off course and a lot of comments are no longer regarding the MBORC's. I'll feed back the relevant comments so far. However this will probably be my last comment on this thread.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

One last question ?   are repair times back to normal now Huh  or is it still 5 days
vignamic
Dabbler

I’m  afraid I disagree! This was all around PN putting lots of messages up about MBORC, and now it looks like it has come to light that PN are hiding around MBORC for lack of support probably from your owners BT and your Directors. So the question still not been answered what is PN doing around the issue of so many MBORC being posted and the whats the way forward.

vignamic
Dabbler

Think you will find its around 5 days again. Thats whats on thier SLA. Until they put another MBORC on your area again!

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

And as I tried to warn you, I expect the only thing you'll achieve by complaining about the MBORC announcements, is that they'll be even less announcements and information coming out of Plusnet!

Either you'll find out about the extra delays when you report your fault, or if you don't have a fault to report, then you'll never know and it didn't really matter to you anyway.

vignamic
Dabbler

I think you are incorrect. We now know that PN has no money or staff to support its self or its clients. They used to hide behind the MBORC when in fact the issue was with them. I had to fix my own issues when I first got the services. They told me that it was a MBORC issue with BTOR. When in fact it was them! So this has now given everyone the chance to understand what PN are about and make their own decisions for the future supplier of their Phone & Broadband services. As I always say “You get nothing for nothing”.

Well done to all and good luck to the Helpdesk staff getting more resources and Infostructure for the future!

And let’s hope we do not see any TV marketing this Christmas and the money saved is spent on the staffing/Infostructure issues.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@rongtw wrote:
@MattyC  One last question ?   are repair times back to normal now Huh  or is it still 5 days

Response times for faults to pick up a faults ticket is still within 5 days, I'm afraid.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@vignamic  Are you even a PN customer, have you had any issues with service, or just another troll?

All we seem to have seen from you is your miss understanding of what others post, and a lack of knowledge of how the BT group and other ISP's operate. Try a wiki lookup of those, it might help.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Thats what i was afraid of Embarrassed instead of PN trying to reduce repair times ,,,,,, it has been extended indefinitely  Buck2 Embarrassed