Re: Why I have left Plusnet

Most times, surely?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jcfield
Hooked

Thanks indeed for the long post. It was a real tonic to another long-term subscriber - one  who lacks your IT skills and has been blaming himself for the many systemic failures associated with Plusnet these days (to some extent encouraged  to do so by Plusnet).  The appalling customer helpline service is inexcusable, and I too have come to feel that life is too short for me to have to put up with a faltering broadband connection and a communications organisation that seems determined to obstruct rather than faciltiate communication with its own clients.

merlin1
Dabbler

Excellent initial post as well as all the follow up posts.  I have been with PN for over 10 years although only appear as newbie on this forum because my previous account disappeared the other year after the forums were changed.  Fortunately my FTTC (80/20)  has been rock stable since it was set up over 4 years ago so I have had little need to contact PN for support on my own behalf.

A few months ago my daughter moved to Inverness and signed up with PN for an adsl account at her temporary home.  After a few months she had found a new house and wanted to move her account to the new address and at the same time upgrade to FTTC.  That is when I fond out how bad PN service had become.  She was continually told that they could not connect her new address due to capacity problems at the same time the BT FTTC availability checker always indicated that her street cabinet was open to new FTTC connections.  I tried over a period of a month to get it across to them that she wanted to upgrade to fibre but always the answer was no capacity.  Which we believe was correct for a new adsl connection finally after sending in screed shots from the BT FTTC checker they made the change.  For the 6 weeks that the saga ran she was being charged with no mention of a refund.

Eventually after so many phone calls and posts all was sorted but it should never have happened and probably wouldn't have a few years ago.

John9
Dabbler

Thank you for your excellent, honest, and clearly expert message.  It's refreshing.

I'm sorry to read this as I've just joined Plusnet but if I leave now when I've yet to receive the service I signed up for, I'll suffer no early leave penalty.

tracymbuckley
Grafter

This articulate piece of writing  is absolutely spot on  and gets to the heart of the problems many of us are facing with Plusnet and its dire customer service .   I only hope the people at the top read this and realise things are not very rosy and some of the natives are on the point of rebellion .  REMOVE THE SILLY UNTRUE TV ADS and concentrate on customer service .

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Unfortunately Plusnet have become sheep and just follow the others Sad

they have lost what they once had that edge , has been brought down by present management being run by bean pushers who have no idea about networking

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star

@rongtw wrote:

Unfortunately Plusnet have become sheep and just follow the others Sad

hopefully they will follow Talk Talk then and start offering 40/10 FTTC 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

No ! plusnet wont follow Talk Talk 40/10  unless they see customers falling

chenks76
All Star

they followed Talk Talk by dropping to 40/2 though....
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@chenks76  yes because it saved them money !!!!!!!!!!

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

I think BT are to blame ... they made abig mess of their own company and now they doing the same here.... its only a matter of time before plusnet is almost as bad as BT.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Would you describe Plusnet cheap and cheerful?

(Cheerful about their lack of customer service).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

tracymbuckley
Grafter

NO LONGER CHEAP , but full of cheerful apathy when it comes to customer service .  I am expecting a large number of

unfulfilled deadlines and apologetic e - mails   whilst awating my new line / broadband order due for September 15th  ( house move  --  order placed two weeks ago ) . Watch this space !!!!

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Might be of help to customers if they had a named person to speak to when issues like some of those discussed in these posts was available, by named person I mean someone with both the knowledge and authority to action things or at least explain to customers how the problem is being dealt with.

I can remember in the early days of joining PN they actually phoned me regarding a few issues I had, fortunately my service has been A1 for many years but reading some of the above posts I hope it will never be necessary to phone support.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

and not to forget the Caliber of the new staff on phones looks to be not up to standard , hence the mistakes

Either due to bad training , or Rushed Sad   maybe also due to wage packets also .

to get good support staff good wages are needed Thumbs_Up