Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Has Customer Service Changed?

PembsPanther
Grafter

Why Has Customer Service Changed?

Hello
I spoke to customer service this morning about a bill that had been overlooked due to a direct debit nightmare, anyway, the account is in my wifes name, in the past I have called up given the username and password and explained the account is in my wifes name, I am the husband and then they have dealt with my query, this time I was told I needed to get my wife to call in and add me as an authorised contact before they could discuss anything with me!
Between man and wife is it really relevant who's name is on the bill! It is not like it is telephone banking or something similar it is a phone and broadband account, is there really aneed for this extra hoop?
Chris
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Why Has Customer Service Changed?

Hi Chris,
We've recently made a few changes to how we operate our DPA process. As you've explained, we would only be able to deal with the account holder in the first instance. If an authorised user is added to the account then we've no problem getting that added with the account holders consent so you are able to access the account in the future.
I'm sorry if this has caused you any problems when getting in touch, it's just a change that we've put in place to try and protect our customers data.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello Chris
Thanks for the quick reply, it was a problem as my wife is out today and unreachable, our broadband had been restricted I did try to pay online and the website was working fine, I clicked paynow, it took me to a page that offered either a direct debit payment or for me to add a new card to make a card payment, I click card payment it then took me through to the add new card page, in a box towards the bottom of the page was where you input your card details, it looked like this was running in an iframe, the page loaded fine with restricted service however this iframe where you input your card details kept timing out, after multiple refreshes I called in.
In the end i had to connect my mobile as a tethered hotspot, the iframe where you enter the  card details then loaded fine and I was able to make the payment.
I understand the need for the change and I will ask my better half to ring in this week and get me added to the account. Hope you understand the glitch I am trying to explain above, it seems that although the actual html pages on your site load fine on a restricted service, anything in an iframe such as where you input your card details doe snot seem to work correctly.
Thanks
Chris
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me Chris.
Yep I completely understand what you mean, I've made a note of it and I'll pass that information on to the relevant team to take a look at. I'm really sorry it's taken you so much effort to make a payment. I'm glad you've managed to get the payment sorted though.
Thanks for your feedback, it's important that we know where we can improve things.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hi Chris
Thanks for the super fast reply again Smiley
No need to apologise completely my fault, this direct debit nightmare has been going for for a few months now 2 bank account changes and many many problems later and it is still not sorted out, if it had of been then the bill would have been paid and I would not have been in that situation, none of it PN's fault.
Thanks
Chris
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, like to keep things moving on the Forums over the Bank Holiday Smiley
Let me know if there is anything else I can help with, more than happy to help if I can, Chris.