cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Openreach Interface

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Where is the Openreach Interface

Whenever there is a problem, the first diagnostic action we are told is to do is remove the faceplate on the incoming line and plug into to the rear master socket. Presumably it is assumed that this will be via a filter in order to get a compatable socket for the modem cable. When I was upgraded to fibre an Openreach technician fitted an official Openreach filtered faceplate.

Surely this is now the interface with Openreach?  Asking people to remove this Openreach faceplate and use a third party filter does not make sense to me, especially, as in my case, I have no extension cables,

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Where is the Openreach Interface

Despite the socket being fitted by Openreach, the demarcation point would still be the test socket behind the faceplate. As such, we would request you test from the test socket using a microfilter to try and rule out internal wiring, or in your case at least the possibility that the faceplate has become faulty.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It also disconnects your internal wiring, so useful to know if it is causing you an issue, or losing you speed.  

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Just to clarify, an NTE5 SSFP (Basically a prefiltered faceplate) is designed to bypass internal wiring. However, the test socket would bypass the faceplate.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button