Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Where is DCT today?

Hi purleigh,
Thanks very much! Hope you're well  Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm well,  but I will be much happier when someone at Plusnet fixes your load-balancers so these Forum pages don't produce error messages all day !.  Do you know if anyone is actually doing anything about getting the load-balancers to work properly, or has this problem just been added to the pile to be looked at in the distant future ?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Purleigh,
As far as I'm aware, the issues are still raised as problems and will continue to be worked on in order of priority so in time we'll have fixes applied as and when we get to them.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: purleigh
So is this how it's going to be ? - no forum staff online in the evenings !
This was the first day of the new "Customer Relations Team" regime, but after 17:30 all the staff disappeared from the forum and haven't even bothered to have a look-in all evening ! - this isn't what we've come to expect from the forum staff !
Surely for an ISP who is providing residential broadband, the peak time for customer interaction will be 17:30 to 23:30.
So why did everyone clear off at 17:30 ?
Angry

The changes to the hours aren't going to happen instantly, it's a gradual change and one that'll happen over a period of time.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Adam
problems and will continue to be worked on in order of priority so in time we'll have fixes applied as and when we get to them.

So can you tell us what the top ten priority problems are ?

Quote from: Chris
The changes to the hours aren't going to happen instantly, it's a gradual change and one that'll happen over a period of time.

Unlike the change to no forum support in the evenings !.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Purleigh,
We wouldn't share details on the problems that we currently have raised internally. These would cover a vast range of sensitive information and wouldn't be something that we would share publicly.
With regards to the forum support in the evenings, this is something we haven't provided in the past however this is something that we're looking to move to in due course. Any support that was provided in any of the social media channels after 5:30pm or at the weekends was done so under the initiative of the company representatives.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Same question, different day...
Though the team has significantly expanded and last week we saw a flurry of new names helping to pick up the strain / backlog, where are they  all this week?
Only Adam C and Chris Purvey seem to be working the forum today.
I've seen Linn, Kelly and Chris Parr logged on today but no posts responded to by them.  One had hoped that with the new bigger team that the backlog would be getting addressed, at the moment it appears to be getting worse.  Is Jess aware?  She's not been in the forums since 9th Aug.
I note that Chris Pettitt has been back lending a hand late evening... I guess that's personal commitment again!
Is there anyone specifically looking at the home phone forum?  There's a number of no phone issues in there which as of yesterday have not had a PN touch.
Sorry folks, but you need to do better!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

How very true Kevin
The announcement that was made, seems more like a marketing speech so far in my view.
I was told last week the big system overall regarding billing etc , has been delayed till summer next year, rather than this year
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

It's normal for us to have 2 people working the forums.  Most of last year it was actually 1.5?  (With me dipping in, which I'm still doing...)  Are you guys just looking harder because of the changes?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Kelly,
No, I'm looking harder because I perceive a lower level of turn round on forum threads.  I see the familiar names in here less often - Linn has not posted since 1st August.  The home phone forum has not been touched since Friday and there are 3 threads in there related to dead phones which have never had a PN touch.  Adam might have now caught them after I brought them to his attention.
No idea what billing & email look like.  There are a large number of threads which have not had the PN attention they require.  When I look, I can see PN staff in and out of the forums, but they are not processing (posting to) issues.
It is good to see Chris Purvey in here today and indeed Chris Pettitt last night, but according to the announcement, they are no longer part of the CRT.  Therefore actual CRT presence today (as it was last Monday) is down to one person - Adam.  As for staffing numbers, it should be remembered that Chris Pettitt was worth 2 of any other CRT members (and also spent evenings and weekends in here) and the other 2x CP not so far behind.  Thus a historical body count is not a practical point of reference for today's backlog.
The announcement suggested more people would deliver a better service, last week it looked like that was happening - this week it appears to have evaporated... Leaving it up to customers to draw staff's attention to priority threads, in the meantime the increase in user frustration in the forums is all too tangible!
Kevin

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Kevin,
Whilst there is now a larger team available to post and respond in the forums, they also have to balance this out with the other workflows (such as complaints).
Linn hasn't posted as she's been on leave (and is on Twitter today I believe) and Chris Purvey is still part of the team for a few more days at least. Changes don't happen overnight, give Jess and the team chance to cross-skill and I'm confident you'll see the benefits.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm confident you'll see the benefits
I really hope so Chris Undecided At the moment the forums are the only vehicle for obtaining a reasonable level of support.
With the typical phone waiting time and the ticket system response of over 2 days, they are just not fit for purpose at the moment!.

TORPC
Grafter

@Chris
TBH
If it is anything like the load balancer issue(s) to go by / to which is looking like so far, then my confidence in PN is starting to go in reverse direction
AndyH
Grafter

Looking through the forums today, there appears to have only been one staff member (Chris Purvey) active in sorting out issues. I appreciate there is a transition going on, but these forums are an important medium for people to raise issues with their service.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Chris Purvey has been a real trooper and is doing an excellent job. I gather some staff are on leave, but I did note several others appearing at various times in the day yesterday.