Did you mean: 

Where is DCT today?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Where is DCT today?

Jess,
Its 11:30 on a Monday morning and there is the usual weekend backlog of issues on the forum.  Where is the DCT today?
I've only seen Adam on here this morning progressing (just two three) posts, am wondering if he's being distracted by "bloody meetings".  Where is the rest of the team please?  I note that you've not been on the forums since midday on Friday, so you might not be aware of the backlog here.  Indeed you've not posted to these forums since announcing you are removing the most skilled people from the forums before their replacements are fully trained.
Prior to your arrival, by this time on a Monday morning one would have seen a good number of the issues "fielded" by the bright sparks over the weekend, picked up by CP3 and actioned as appropriate.  It would be reassuring to see evidence that the residual team is actually capable of delivering the mission, as frankly the absence of CP3 is quite stark and unacceptable.  Your bigger team is having a smaller impact, than the team which was already in place.
Without follow through from DCT, the effort of bright sparks is futile.
Do feel free to phone me if you want to discuss this.
Kevin

Edit: Another one done by Adam whilst I typed this. You in your own today Adam?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

30 REPLIES 30
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Where is DCT today?

Morning Kevin,
We're a little short staffed this morning so picking things up have been slower than we would normally see on a Monday morning. We have some more staff due to help out by covering some of the alternative social media this afternoon so we'll be back up to speed before you know it  Wink
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feared this would happen - as soon as I read the announcement - "Changes to Digicare/Complaints & Introducing Customer Relations"
Worse still,  Jess has not even visited this forum since Friday morning - a full three days ago !
So much for her statement -
we want to improve the interactions we have with you and our other customers

Cry
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Purleigh,
Lets not jump to any conclusions Wink
As you know, Chris Pettitt moved on to pastures new at the end of last week and we have annual leave in for other members of the team. In addition to this we have recruitment ongoing to back fill the position in the team as well as the cross skilling of the Complaints and DigiCare teams so that resource can be pushed around as required.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Townman

Kevin

Wow!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Adam,
Thank you for the prompt response, however the availability of staff is an issue for management to manage, not one to be left to the poor sods on the front line trying to deliver the business.  You appear to have been left on your own whilst experienced staff have been moved into new roles, before their replacements are sufficiently well skilled to deliver the service.
Given the obvious consequence of this decision, I would have expected that a wise manager would have ensured that they personally monitored the unit's workload through the transition period.  It is very disappointing that Jess has not made a single response to any of the concerned comments on the announcement, nor visited the forums since midday Friday.
There is only one chance to make a good first impression - blow that and its an uphill battle to build a good reputation thereafter.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Adam
we have recruitment ongoing to back fill the position in the team as well as the cross skilling

While I have to accept your words on this,  for those of us that have been here a very long time have heard it all before regarding new staff for answering the phones or reducing ticket times, well those things have never happened - or at least made the service any better.
So time will tell whether you are right !  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: DaveyH

Kevin

Wow!

DaveyH,
You might be surprised to learn that from time to time CP3 did use to call a number of the forum bright sparks to discus how things were going and what the future might hold.  I had at least two such calls in the last 12 months.  In that context, this suggestion is not unwarranted, besides which I've got 35 years experience running operational IT support.  The guys who have moved on were very good at what they did.  Though there are some new staff who have hit the ground running, CP3's departure has left a sizeable vacuum, which today is very noticeable.
This was entirely predictable and should have been managed more effectively.  This change was not an overnight decision.  The intention has been known about for weeks, the cross skilling should have been started long before the change date, such that come the implementation date, the new team were fit for purpose.  Adam has alluded to staff being on holiday - anyone with experience knows that you do not PLAN to loose 3 key staff at the same time and you most certainly should not plan to do that at the height of the holiday season.
@Adam,
I know that you are trying to fly the flag, but this is indefensible - attempts (if any) to defend this should come from Jess, however, what us really required is an apology and a plan to deliver the resources you and the customers need here on the forums today!  To come and say "I got it wrong" gains respect and credibility.  To hide behind the front line staff struggling to deliver an impossible mission does exactly the opposite.
Kevin

JessBooth
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Afternoon All,
Thank you for your comments and concerns.  As already mentioned by the Adams this morning, we are running a little light today and this week - this is due to holidays and cross training that is going on as I write this.
I'll be responding in the Announcements post shortly to address the concerns listed there, in the mean time I just ask that you bear with us whilst we work through the backlog of what was a very busy weekend for us here at Plusnet.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is this how it's going to be ? - no forum staff online in the evenings !
This was the first day of the new "Customer Relations Team" regime, but after 17:30 all the staff disappeared from the forum and haven't even bothered to have a look-in all evening ! - this isn't what we've come to expect from the forum staff !
Surely for an ISP who is providing residential broadband, the peak time for customer interaction will be 17:30 to 23:30.
So why did everyone clear off at 17:30 ?
Angry
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: purleigh
but after 17:30 all the staff disappeared from the forum and haven't even bothered to have a look-in all evening ! - this isn't what we've come to expect from the forum staff !

I think "expect" is a bit strong, it is certainly what we've become used to.  Those guys who did drop in on an evening were going the extra mile to make a real difference.  One such individual told me "though I don't get paid for this, I like to get a heads up on what I'll be facing tomorrow".
DCT / CRT is just a "normal office hours" operation, which in the context of the other support channels being (shall we say) unresponsive, is indeed not as proactive as it might be.  I understand that once the new team are trained up (there's no point bleating any more about they should have been trained before the change) the hours of cover will be extended.
I waits to see what happens!

Devonian
Grafter

And the BT re-branding continues.  Roll_eyes
What's next?  Indian call centres?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I waits to see what happens!

Well don't hold your breath while you wait !
What sort of reorganization is so badly planned, the there are virtually no staff available for customer support on the first day ?.
In organizations I've worked for, with new staff members first day on the job, they are taught to login to the computer system and at least explore the environment - even if they don't respond to requests.  Did you see anyone new looking around ?
I am also suspicious that the three Chris's all left at the same time.
Were they all encouraged to look for other work within Plusnet (i.e. pushed) so new working conditions could be imposed on new staff,  or did they collectively decide to leave because they didn't want to be a part of the forthcoming changes (i.e. jumped ship) ?.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

No, we weren't - that was completely not the case.
It's an unfortunately coincidence that we all have the same name and that our last names begin with a 'P'!
Opportunities within the business allowed us to consider other options and regardless of which, we're all very much still part of Plusnet and continue to be so. You might not see us on here everyday, but we'll be working hard in the background, I can assure you Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good to see you Chris, thanks for your reply, and I wish you all the best in your new role  Smiley