Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my MAC arrive

MikeyM
Grafter

Re: When will my MAC arrive

I go live today with O2.
I have just done a speedtest with plusnet and I am getting 1.7MB, this is what I ave been getting for ages now. I have the screen shot somewhere I will post up later.
Will post what I get from O2 once I go live, I am confident it will be more than double that so am declaring it in advance of it going live.
DLM goodbye!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Since Its LLU its no surprise you may get faster speeds, What  Adam means Is how 02 customer care etc compares to Plusnet.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
MikeyM
Grafter

Well hopefully if my service is as it should be there will be no need for me to contact them, that is the bottom line for me.
bandashing
Dabbler

Quote from: Steve
What  Adam means Is how 02 customer care etc compares to Plusnet.

From what I experienced and countless many other people on this forum plusnets customer support is nothing to shout about
MikeyM
Grafter

I am now connected with O2  Smiley
Connection speed -
4290 Down
1040 Up
The "line problem" that I apparantly have has not come with me as I was told it would.
So gone from 1.7MB to 4.2MB straight away.
Will do some more tests tonight with ping etc but so far a vast improvement and exactly what I expected.
MikeyM
Grafter

Here we go...
With plusnet this morning....

With O2 this evening.....

I think the results speak for themselves.
Apprentice
Grafter

I think the results speak for themselves

Yep, I'm sure they'll improve over the next few days  Tongue  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Morning all,
What  Adam means Is how 02 customer care etc compares to Plusnet.

Yes, I'm actually asking for feedback on your general experience, especially how any dealings with support are going.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeyM
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

actually asking for feedback on your general experience, especially how any dealings with support are going.

Well I ordered the service on the Thursday, I got 2 texts and emails within the hour telling me when my service would go live.
I got my router on the Monday.
My service went live when they said it would, they sent me a text when it went live.
I connected in the router, connected to it and had 4.2MB straight away.
Used it all last night, downloaded plenty at full speed and am now getting the service I want.
The service so far has been nothing short of outstanding. I am not expecting to have to contact them , I mean why should I need to. They have delivered what was promised and the service works well.
With plusnet I had a problem migrating from my old provider due to your system not accepting the MAC code, then had billing issues, then had speed issue and then the DLM just put the lid on it for me, have to say it is like night and day.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for your feedback MikeyM.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeyM
Grafter

Just thought I would give an update as I have been with O2 for quite a while now.
A quick look at my router stats today shows this
Uptime: 55 days, 23:05:11

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,109 / 3,840
Just shows that my line is fine and has no issues, all along it was the DLM system that was to blame.
Is interesting to have a read of the forum today and see people still having the same issues with the DLM. I guess a lot of people will just put up with the speed they have, not realising that they may well have better speed available to them.
gswindale
Grafter

Speed isn't everything though.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@ geofftswin, Indeed, In fact people are leaving 02 now as they hike their prices up LOL.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
MikeyM
Grafter

I never said that speed was everything.
But for me a fast, stable connection with full speed downloads at all times with no traffic shaping is what I need and is what I now have.
Happy to pay more for the service, although I know some people just want the cheapest option, not me, I am happy to pay for quality.
gswindale
Grafter

well with the exception of the traffic shaping (which doesn't affect me much); that is what PN provide to me for what is an extremely good price.