Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my MAC arrive

MikeyM
Grafter

When will my MAC arrive

I ordered it on Monday.
Just called and was told that it is not there and there is nothing you can do.
When was it actually requested from BT?
Been 5 days now so I would expect it to be available now, the regulations say within 5 days
38 REPLIES 38
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: When will my MAC arrive

Your MAC was requested on Monday and as per the ticket, takes five working days to be generated. This is counted exclusively so takes us to Monday.
MikeyM
Grafter

Why is Monday not counted, do you not work then?
Within 5 days does not mean after 5 days.
The ticket also says
"Your Help Assistant Question is now being placed on hold. The next action on your Question will be 30-07-2010."
Looks like today to me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi MikeyM,
As the request was made in the afternoon Monday is not counted as a full working day. Next Monday is 5 working days after the request was made, we are aobliged by OFCOM regulations to give you the MAC key within that time-scale so we'll make sure that you do get it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've now generated your MAC manually and appended it to your ticket.
Do you mind me asking which provider you're planning on moving to? Any reasons why?
MikeyM
Grafter

Thanks,
I am going to O2 to get the speed that my line can handle and the speed that I should get from plusnet, but cannot because of the DLM system.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you let us know how it goes with them once you're up and running?
MikeyM
Grafter

Of course, I did not really want to leave plusnet but I was left with no choice as I am now on a banded profile which I know is very difficult to get removed.
I have had 4 engineer visits and have given up a lot of my time to try and get the problem fixed, but no progress has been made, the problem lies with the DLM system IMO.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you want to give me a chance to try and put a case forward to get the banded profile removed I don't mind doing so. If you search around these forums you will see that I've managed to do that before. I can't guarantee it but I'm happy to at least try.
Let me know what you think.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeyM
Grafter

I appreciate the offer Adam but I am better with LLU, it suits my line more. I am sure you can see that.
As I have said previously I have given plusnet plenty of chances to sort out the line speed, 4 engineer visits which cost me a lot of my personal time and a lot of time spent on these forums show that I have given you more time than a lot of people would.
Whatever I do I am going to struggle with the same problem or a variation of it in my eyes. I have some noise on my line which comes to a head every 30 hours or so, so not a major issue and it was not an issue when I was with LLU before, sadly due to the way that DLM puts stability before every other factor means that it will never get better for me. Even if I get the banding removed and my SNR reset to 6db, which i have had done 3 times now, the problem will come back in a few weeks.
Sorry but I am sure you can understand my frustration.
Am I likely to be charged any fees for leaving after 7 months, can you advise?
Tks
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What puzzles me is why BT can't run the same system as LLU providers. It seems to work pefectly well for many millions of users so why do BT insist in sticking with a system that clearly does not work as well?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Because BT Like to make everything confusing and working NON correctly, Plusnet are doing their best though to get more control over the DLM Wink
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

What puzzles me is why BT can't run the same system as LLU providers

Look around and you may see people commenting  more negatively about LLU services.
It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario as BT's wholesale broadband services did come about before the advent of LLU and where as LLU is often viewed as competition for such services it's inception was due to anti monopolization rules brought in by OFCOM.
We would prefer to have more control over DLM and will continually give our customer's feedback on our customer's view's of this (which you are all making very clear).
MikeyM after having a quick look at your account other than the usual notice period I can't see that any other payments would be due, that's assuming that you have considered migration. I can understand fully how you feel but I'm convinced you would get a better service if we get rid of that banded profile (or at least try to) what do you say?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeyM
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
MikeyM after having a quick look at your account other than the usual notice period I can't see that any other payments would be due, that's assuming that you have considered migration. I can understand fully how you feel but I'm convinced you would get a better service if we get rid of that banded profile (or at least try to) what do you say?

I am just frustrated at the amount of time I have had to spend over the last few months trying to get my service sorted.
I placed an order for O2 LLU on Thursday lunchtime, by Thursday night I had received a few emails and texts all confirming when my phone would go live and when my broadband would go live, today I received my welcome pack and box, now that is superb service so far.
I do have a 30 day period once I go live with o2 to cancel, I am going to give them a go. If they are no good then I will come back to plusnet, can't really be any fairer than that Adam.
Dick:green Quote tags fixed.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
can't really be any fairer than that Adam.

Naturally we'd agree to disagree on that point. Wink As a consumer this is completely your choice though.
We do thank you for being with us up to this point though and hope all goes well with the transfer. We'd be interested to hear how things go and will invite you back with open arms if things don't go to plan.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team