cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatever happened to customer service??????????

ak3d
Hooked

Whatever happened to customer service??????????

We've been with Plusnet since 2010 and have always had pretty good service up until tonight

Here's a heavily abridged chat where we were transferred into two different queues over a 45 minute period

Info at 19:22, Sep 27:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us.

Chat sessions may be recorded for training and business improvement purposes. For full details on how we use your personal information see our Privacy Policy .

Due to an increase in Chat demand, we are currently experiencing extended wait times. You can find answers to common questions on our Help & Support pages. If you still need to speak to one of the team, please continue to wait.
Info at 19:22, Sep 27:
You are now chatting with Jim.

yada yada yada

Jim at 19:24, Sep 27:
Unfortunately I do not have access to accounts. I will have to transfer you to customer services. Is that ok with you?

Please wait while your chat is transferred to the appropriate group.
Info at 19:26, Sep 27:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 15. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 19:28, Sep 27:

Info at 19:53, Sep 27:
You are now chatting with Ed.
Ed at 19:53, Sep 27:
Good evening, I'm Ed. How can I help?

yada yada yada

Ed at 19:55, Sep 27:
I can get you through to our options team to look into it for you.
Please hold while we transfer you to the next available advisor

Info at 19:57, Sep 27:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 1. Thank you for your patience.

Info at 20:15, Sep 27:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 1. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 20:17, Sep 27:
There are currently no agents available to chat. Please try again soon.

So, I try to resolve a simple problem/query and get messed about and finally cut off after nearly an hour in queues - Plusnet - this is rubbish

I had a similar conversation with Talk Talk on behalf of my mother in law earlier - everything was resolved within 10 minutes!!!!!!

Jeeez you lot - sort it out

12 REPLIES 12
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Whatever happened to customer service??????????

I believe BT have been involved in a £12.5Bn takeover of EE in the last few months.

Maybe we have been given EE's "support team".

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

ak3d
Hooked

even they aren't this bad (well, apart from their accounts team).

Tonight was an all time low for Plusnet service - tomorrow will be time to make a little noise Smiley

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can I ask what the query you're trying to get help with is? Anything we can help with here?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ak3d
Hooked

I was trying to get some details changed on my account and to discuss problems/solutions to the poor speeds we've been getting in the last few months - so, no, nothing really that you can do here - there are (supposedly) dedicated help lines for stuff like this Smiley 

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

SPeeds-R-Us that's one of the successes of the fora. What are your symptoms?

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Chris
Legend

Speed issues are definitely something we can help with. Can you let us know what speeds you're seeing, what your estimates are and how you're connected at the moment.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ak3d
Hooked

We are in a newish house - less than three years old with all new cables - the first six months of connection we were getting 76-78mbps down and 18 up with no stability issues

Suddenly our speeds dropped to mid 40's and we were told that the line had been downgraded and given a slower profile - our old router was blamed and a new Plusnet router supplied. We were also told that over time the line should re-profile itself (we were also told that wasn't true by another assistant) so we don't know who to believe - all we do know is that we aren't getting the speeds we should be and neither are a lot of other Plusnet users 

We replaced that router with a TPLink one when it failed within a few months - we tried getting a replacement but after three hours of hearing 'we are experiencing higher than normal call volume' etc we gave up, went to the shop and bought one!! (just as an aside here....if everyday you end up playing messages saying you are experiencing higher than expected call levels they are not unexpected you just aren't coping with them!)

Recently our speeds have dipped into the low 30's and at times  down to the teens. The best we ever see is mid 40's and low 50's  

Chris
Legend

Thanks for that. I've tested the line and checked a few things, my findings and suggestions are below:

Line Estimates:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 75.2 58 20 18.9 -- Available -- --

Test results:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 64.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

So from the sync test, your line is connecting within the estimate range (64.6Mb/s).

Also looking at the usage on your line, that wouldn't suggest a fault (there was over 350GB transferred in a single day). Can you ensure when you're doing a speedtest you're stopping anything using the connection (download and upload) and are testing via a wired connection.

As a side note, what did you do with your old router, was this given to someone else to use?

ak3d
Hooked

Yes, there was 350GB transferred in a day - that was unusual but I was forced to resync my cloud storage - over a 24 hour period that suggests a speed of about 45mbps (if my maths are correct) which equates to a 'good day'.

Today, we are getting 55.5 down and about 18 up

All speed tests have been done using a cabled connection 

Our old router? I honestly have no idea, it was around the house for a while and then it was gone - I assumed my other half had just binned it - I've asked her and she can't remember either - she thought it was under our coffee table but then she said she may have put it in one of the charity shop bags when we had a clear out Smiley

Chris
Legend

When the speed is particularly poor can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

but then she said she may have put it in one of the charity shop bags when we had a clear out

That explains it, I'm seeing 2 connections using your details. I'll transfer the router info over to the other account and kick the connection so it goes back correctly.

ak3d
Hooked

we should be connected using our landline only using IP beginning 80.189

ak3d
Hooked

and yes, I just tested using BT Speedtest and we got 55 down and 16 up which is still less than we should be getting but we will continue to monitor it