cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What went wrong?

fadeaway
Grafter

What went wrong?

Back when plusnet was smaller, I was impressed by the fast call queues.
I just called up for the first time in a couple of years and was greeted by a 25 minute wait.
No thanks.

Sky are offering me free broadband for 6 months, £80 cashback and £25 M&S vouchers.
Plusnet are offering a year's half price broadband to new customers but not existing customers. Wtf? Is this how you treat existing customers? Shocking. If when I do actually get through to talk to someone they can't offer me something decent in order to stay... I'll be off.
20 REPLIES 20
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: What went wrong?

Hi fadeaway,
We always try and  scheduled enough staff to cope with call demands, as there are always peaks and troughs it is not always possible to predict high spikes in calls.
You can view our current call wait times at http://csc.plus.net
Across business' now they tend to offer sign up deals for customers, that is the way it appears to be at the moment. We always try and give the best value we can to our existing customers,
I would certainly suggest speaking with our customer options team to see how they can help you.
If you have any issues at all while trying to do this please let me know.
Chris
fadeaway
Grafter

I've been keeping an eye on that webpage last night and this morning... haven't see it dip below 15 min 'Longest call waiting now' yet so haven't bothered...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It was quite a busy morning, If you could I'd suggest trying after lunch(2 ish).
Again it will be best to check the link I provided before you call. It's been a very very busy couple of days.
fadeaway
Grafter

How it your average call wait 6 minutes? I've been checking that webpage for days now and it always says 15-20 mins longest wait.
James
Grafter

Because some calls are routed through to different departments who on average have a shorter waiting time.
fadeaway
Grafter

Hmm 25 minutes. Would it be quicker to write a letter than to wait for a decent queue time?  Tongue
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Try ringing up at 2ish as suggested by chrispurvey, but make it 2 a.m. there's normally no queue at all then Huh
Mayfly
All Star

I thought the graph on the support stats was a rolling one, but I may be mistaken as it hasn't changed for days.
In general you need to ring before 08.00 or after 22.00
fadeaway
Grafter

I originally posted this a year and a half ago. I actually gave up trying to get through on the phone in the end, and I even stayed on the same plan from ~4 years ago and paid something silly like £12 a month instead of the £3 or so you charge new customers. What a sucker!
Recently my internet has been rubbish though, the speeds are sluggish and my ping in a lot of games is poor.
So I decided I would try to phone up and ask for some sort of new customer deal or think about leaving.
I've tried to call numerous times, and gave up each time after a 20+ minute wait  Cry 
When I first signed up you were a relatively small company (I think I had an account at another address before this one) and the customer service was excellent, I even recommended you to others and have referrals on my account for it. I had hoped my original thread title some time ago would have been fixed by now, but it appears not.
v70ben
Grafter

I've found on a number of occasions previously (like tonight again) that the automated voice says "We are experiencing high call demand" and that wait times are 30 minutes...
Lo and behold - in less than 3 or 4 minutes the phone gets answered.
It's my personal opinion that it's a great way to make customers use the online tools rather than the call centres Wink
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi fadeaway,
Sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband speeds. Can you run the BTW speed tester please? - http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
Are you experiencing slow speeds isolated to when you're playing games or is it noticeable during general use as well?
Can I ask what games you were playing when you noticed the speed drop?
fadeaway
Grafter

Linn,
I have posted some details here : http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,126608.0.html
as it seems similar to the problem the other user is having.
Hoping to get this resolved.  Thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@fadeaway
I've popped a reply on there for you.
fadeaway
Grafter

2 weeks with no response. Did you do any tests on my line to see if everything is normal or?..