cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened to the once excellent technical support?

cancunia
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What's happened to the once excellent technical support?

I've been trying to find out what possibilities there are for traffic prioritisation on my ADSL downstream. I called the support number, the person that answered freely admitted she couldn't help so passed me on to tech support, no answer after 10 mins so I gave up & raised a ticket. The first reply I got suggested that I contact VoWiFi directly for their help, the second reply suggested that I contact technical support. I can understand that 1st line people are not technically trained, but have trouble understanding why tickets can't be escalated quickly as before.

Time was that you could get straight through to technical support, or get a sensible answer from a ticket.

4 REPLIES 4
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: What's happened to the once excellent technical support?

Plusnet haven’t had traffic prioritisation on unlimited packages in over 3 years: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-traffic-prioritisation/

The Pro-Addon will apply traffic prioritisation on an ad-hoc basis: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-plusnet-pro-addon/ which can be added by going into the addons tab of your account. 

cancunia
Rising Star

Yes, that's what I've read too, but my post is about what happened to the level of technical support.  

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Fair enough. I think they’re prioritising calls over tickets because there’s no visible way to raise a ticket for this type of issue. 

cancunia
Rising Star

Please don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate feedback from others, including the well intentioned first reply. Sometimes it's just that you really need to contact someone on the inside who can make changes.

I don't want to go into the specifics of the problem which is covered elsewhere. I simply want to know what's happened to the people from Plusnet that would respond so quickly in the past?

Thanks