cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What customer support?

ebostgriff
Dabbler

What customer support?

At about 5.00pm on Monday June 30th, I reported via Help Assistant that my phone was faulty, but that broadband was OK. I also said that some of my neighbors had the same fault.
I eventually received a response on Thursday 3rd July, asking for times an engineer could call. I replied immediately. No response to date.
One of my neighbors, who reported the fault to his provider a day after I did, had a visit from a BTO engineer this morning, his phone now works. The problem is apparently crossed wires during a new fibre optic cable installation.
Their engineer would not repair my phone, there are procedures to be followed.
Still no word from PlusNet with regard to engineers' visits.
All the boasting about Yorkshire Call Centres and great customer support..............
I can only suppose they're all out watching cyclists.
Customer support?   Ho! Ho! Ho1
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What customer support?

Purely to avoid confusion
Did you reply to the fault ticket or to the email you received asking for the times
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ebostgriff,
Sorry to hear you haven't had an update on your support ticket yet.
I have now run through the phone faults diagnostics and this has returned an issue external to your property so the engineer shouldn't need access to your address to resolve the issue. I have raised the fault to them for resolution and updated your support ticket with full details of this.
I've requested an update from the logged faults team as soon as we have an estimated fix date so please keep your eye on support ticket 87849015 and you should see the details as soon as they're made available to us by the supplier.

Hope this helps  Wink
ebostgriff
Dabbler

Oldjim, I replied immediately on the fault ticket.
Adam, thanks.
I did in fact, get a response at about the same time as I was posting the original.
We'll see how long it takes to screw two wires into terminals, which is what I understand has to happen.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not a problem ebostgriff,
Let us know how you get on with the visit and if you need anything more then please don't hesitate to get in touch  Wink
ebostgriff
Dabbler

Update:
Nearly a week now with no phone and no information about when it might be repaired.
My neighbour, with the same fault and cause, had his repaired in 3 days. He's with the Post Office, obviously more clout than Plusnet.
The whole problem is due to the incompetence of BTO "engineers" but BT and Plusnet apparently couldn't care less.
I used to recommend Plusnet to people, that will never happen again.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ebostgriff,
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Openreach have informed us that the fault should be resolved by midnight tomorrow. Your fault ticket has been updated with this information. Our Faults team will check back on this after this time.
ebostgriff
Dabbler

Phone now working, after 8 days.
Now there's the matter of compensation.