cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a terrible service.

Nickb1969
Dabbler

What a terrible service.

I can not believe how poor the Plusnet service is. I booked a home move and fibre upgrade. Plusnet told me the date the phone would be connected and broadband 7 days later as that is the only way it can be done.  They they decide to delay putting the phone on and do a phone and broadband activation on the same day. So the first information I was given is wrong.
I was given a date for the phone and told broadband would be 24 hours after that, but not given an appointment for the engineer. Luckily the day before the phone was due to go on I called to check all was OK, I was told that the engineer visit was booked for the following day and sorry no one had told you.
I arranged with plusnet that the engineer call me on my mobile when he was one his way and someone would get back to let him in. As we only have 18 hour notice of the appointment, taking time off work was impossible. The afternoon came and went and no call or message. When I got home at 5:10 there was a missed appointment card through the door. I called plusnet and all they could do was fill in a form.
This is no acceptable but I guess being owned by BT means that the service was always going to be crap. Plusnet have 24 hours to sort this out and get an engineer to the house at a time that suits us.
26 REPLIES 26
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: What a terrible service.

Hi Nickb1969,
I'm sorry to hear about the delay.
Our provisioning team will be picking up your order today, but I'll push for them to get you an update and a new appointment for ASAP.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Nickb1969
Dabbler

I was told this would be sorted today or tomorrow morning at the latest. It is half way through the day and as yet I have not heard anything about an appointment today.
Nickb1969
Dabbler

So Plus Net mess up again. I have been given the wrong information yet again. Firstly told that an appointment had been made for a certainly day, then get a message (not even the decency  of a phone call) to say that I had been given the wrong information and I do not have an appointment booked and they can not book one at the moment. Its a good job they do not run a brewery.
Still no broadband and no appointment. The only consistency is that everything Plusnet say is not true. Unbelievable !!!!!!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I will be feeding back on the agent that provided you with the incorrect information.
This was picked up before the agent I asked had given you the proper update. We are currently waiting on our suppliers to complete the cabling work, once this is done, they'll send us through a tentative appointment which we will look into expediting for you.
I'm really sorry for the delay and the misinformation.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Nickb1969
Dabbler

still no reply on this, phone call promised but nothing. Whats more you are trying to bill me for Broadband that I do not have, but you have not replied to that ticket either.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

You should understand these are BT Openreach engineers who are not controlled by + Net;
they have the monopoly on provisioning in most cases, unless you have cable service.
There are numerous posts on their not arriviig when promised.
Nickb1969
Dabbler

I do understand that but issue is the Plusnet keep giving me the wrong information, making promises they dont keep. Not once have I had a call the explain which is happening. Every aspect of the order has been handled badly by Plusnet. Also Plusnet are responsible for their billing system that is trying to charge me for BB that they have not installed yet.
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Nick,
Really sorry about the issues relating to the handling of this problem.
I'm happy though with Harry's response on ticket 91323900 which clears things up about that really well.
I've chased this up with our suppliers, they've advised that the cabling issue was fixed yesterday, that means we can now expedite your order.
I'll process that now and make sure you're kept up to date.
UPDATE: Cheers for your time on the phone too. I'll be back in touch again on Monday as promised.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nickb1969
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
It all went wrong again. so I need another appointment ASAP. Major meltdown at home and need to work. Please can you call me asap.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Nickb1969,
Embarrassed So sorry there's been an issue with this.
Of course I'll be in touch shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nickb1969
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Can you please make sure installation is still going on today. So far no engineer. My mobile signal is really bad today.
Cruise85
Grafter

I have just tracked the order and can see that the appointment is still booked in for this afternoon.
To confirm, the appointment is booked between 1pm and 6pm
I hope that this helps, and I'll get Adam to pick this up shortly
Regards
Matt
Nickb1969
Dabbler

Thanks, hopefully 3rd time lucky on the install
Nickb1969
Dabbler

4:30 and still no engineer or no call. 1 1/2 hours left. I really hope that they turn up soon