cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Customer Service

ecd08sk

What Customer Service

I Signed up to Plusnet having had bad previous service from Orange. Well I now well and truly regret joing plusnet!
I signed up in november 2014 after seeing the £75 cashback offer.
My service was activated in early december. I heard nothing regardng the cashback which I finally chased up in Feb 2015.
Having spent a good while explaining everything to Plusnet's live chat operative i was informed it would be investigated as i had never recieved the cashback email.
Strangely my direct debit emails seem to reach me fine every month.....
Having heard no reply a few weeks later I again spoke to a member of the live chat team who informed me there was no timescale in which I could expect a response. I was told the marketing team have to look into each case to ensure no fraudlent claims are made.
Becoming increasingly frustrated I asked if anyone had even started to look into the issue and i was told there was no way of finding out!
I reluctanty waited to see what the response would be.
Again some weeks passed and no-one had come back to me at which point I spoke again to the live chat team who were again unhelpful.
I then made a complaint in the beggining of April and recieved a reply from Plusnet stating  - Your cheque has been approved on the 02/04/2015 and hould be with you in the next 14 days.
After 14 days I had still not recieved the cheque and logged onto the member centre to find the complaint had been closed after 14 days of inactivity!
The joke of telling a customer to wait 14 days and in that time closing the complaint is ridiculous.
That was 6 weeks ago and im still to hear or recieve anything. Ive spend hours wasting my time trying to sort this out and have recieved nothing but useless uninterested service from Plusnet.
I thought the service i had recieved from Orange was bad, I will certainly never reccomend Plusnet to anyone! I cant help feel I have been lied to from the complaints department regarding the cheque which has never arrived!
Plusnet need to seriously look at there failing internal systems and also customer service and complaints proceedure.
If i have not heard anything in the next week I will be taking this further to CICAS as I believe not only have i not had a satisfactory complaint resolution, I have been mislead when signing up to Plusnet as they have not held their side of the contract.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: What Customer Service

Hi ecd08sk,
Welcome to the forums.  One can only agree with you that the management of the cash back activity is totally deplorable in every aspect.  It certainly cannot be helpful that the process is being managed by an external third party, who appear to be having no end of difficulty.
to compound matters, there is no consolidated thread / one place on these forums for users having such issues to go, despite requests and recommendations for there to be one.  You might find this thread - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135102.0.html - useful.
I recommend that you send a personal message to AlexDevine (just look for a post from her on the above thread, click the name and send a message from her profile screen.  As of a couple of weeks back, she was providing a central focus on these issues.
Life would be so much easier if PN simply knocked the £75 off the cost of a 24 month contract.  Less hassle, better offer and no need to pass user's details out to a third party.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: What Customer Service

Hi ecd08sk, I see you've copied your post as a ticket on your account, so I've left a more detailed response there for you.
As discussed briefly on the phone, I believe we've resolved this now for you, but I do sincerely apologise it's taken as long as it has to get to a resolution.
@Kevin - I've been working along side Alex recently with the cashback queries also, I know there was talks of creating a consolidated thread to keep all the cashback stuff in one place, but I'm not 100% sure what happened with the idea. I'll mention it to Alex when she's back in the office.
Although looking at the forums, it might seem like the majority of cashback offers have gone wrong, it has actually only been a small percentage, but we are making improvements with the processes for if/when more cashback comes on offer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet