cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Customer Service??? very unhappy customer

mondyman
Dabbler

Re: What Customer Service??? very unhappy customer

Hi Mand , been in work all day so only just seen your reply...
Here's my stats from the master socket. 
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 9:18:25

DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 288

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 16.0

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 33.5 / 60.5

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 19.5 / 30.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 544 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 139 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 223 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 4 / 0

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 4 / 1

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 29,341 / 0

Let me know if you see anything interesting and what it means
Regards Gavin
mondyman
Dabbler

Here's a copy of my Bt speedtest i did at 19.03  5/1/11
FAQ

Test1 comprises of two tests
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
58 Kbps

0 Kbps 250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 58 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 100-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :288 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 7.71:21.77:70.52 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes. 
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
363 Kbps

0 Kbps 448 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 363 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 448 Kbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.
If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

Hope this helps  ......
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mondyman,
That's definitely been profiled, most likely because of a flurry of disconnections or a dropping connection problem. I can see you've raised a fault on that, you should get an update on that later on today.
baldmechanic
Grafter

Hi Mondyman, i hope you get yours sorted, i am up on the mountain opposite you, so here is update of my faults,  after my little moan on the forums, plusnet did contact me that day and arranged for a telephone engineer to call, and hey ho later that afternoon an engineer called, he proceeded to check the master socket, i told him that i think it was more like 240v coming through not 9v, he proceeded to put on his yellow marigold gloves (pink ones were in the wash) he capped all the extra wires (tails) with some silicon seals, and he checked the socket (allthough he could not fit it back to the wall as he was not a broadband engineer) he then walked the outside line to see if the telephone line was touching any of the DC lines, but all seemed ok (only more snow will tell), also i ordered myself a new router(another one to go with the other three) which came on Friday afternoon, (Billion 7300n) so that afternoon i proceeded to remove the Plusnet thompson router and setup this new billion model, up until that point the best speed i could get was 320kbps on a good day and of course a lot lot less due to the dropped connections. the router synced up and all went well, the internet was left and after a few DC's saturday evening the connection seemed to level off and all seemed ok, i setup of the laptops late last night (allthough still having porblems getting higher speeds to laptops using the WLAN, only 25-35mbps), this morning i did a speed test and wait for it........................Download 920kbps-----------Upload 296kbps    it knocked me of my chair, io have never ever since the time i have been with Plusnet/force9 got anywhere close to that, so will keep a close eye on it for the next few days and if anybody has any info on how to setup the WLAN on the billion then feel free to comment, so here is me signing off and with fingers crossed, and with 3 spare routers lol
Baldy
baldmechanic
Grafter

Ouch here is me signing back on, after two - three days of unblemished internet connection, the fault is back  Sad was hoping it was all resolved, but yesterday at approx 3pm it started raining quite heavy and as soon as phone rang the internet connection dropped, me thinks i am jinxed lol, speed fluctuating quite a bit and last night it was back to 56-128kbps, this morning speed back up but phone ringing causes internet disconnection (not raining as bad) i wonder if i have a break or damaged outside line somewhere?, logged with faults so just waiting on reply.