cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well done Plusnet. :)

timjones902

Well done Plusnet. :)

99% of happy customers never report back, 99% of unhappy customers complain...
So here is a big well done.  My personal experience has been superb!  Keep up the good work PN and all of you who contribute to this forum.
I'm on here looking for a solution to my new phone (xperia X10 mini) not wanting to connect when security is enabled yet it will connect no problem with no wireless security enabled. Sad  I have no problem with 2 IBM laptops on Win 7 or an iPhone 3G.
So if anyone can point me to a relevant thread, I'd appreciate that a lot. (I have Software Release: 8.2.7.8)
Thanks,
Tim
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Well done Plusnet. :)

Welcome to the forum - it is always nice to have some positive feedback from a happy customer
There are a few possibilities
Assuming that the security you have set on the phone is the same as the router
Check if there are any odd characters in the security key as the earlier versions didn't like some non standard characters
Try reducing the key length - this will mean changing it on the router
I would also suggest reading here as it may help http://www.xperiax10.net/forum/x10-mini-x10-mini-pro-f18/can-not-connect-to-wifi-t1163.html
timjones902

Thank you for that Jim.  Appreciated. Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tim,
I found that the android devices in our house wouldn't connect if the SSID was hidden, but on changing that (didn't need to alter any security though I believe it's currently set to WPA-PSK) things started to work fine... hope that helps?
ukdivision

A big well done from me too!
I found that Fibre broadband was available so took the upgrade package and within 7 days all was installed and operating without any fuss.
I've been with Plusnet for 3 years and have nothing but praise for their support (only ever used support twice before, once for a free move) and the service.
I have both the Phone and broadband service and I recommend it to everyone.  Smiley
Cheesy
mrblue79

Hi guys,
               I have recently joined PN and must say that they are a super broadband provider. I have had not problems at all, there support team are friendly,
                helpful, and top class. Keep up the good work guys, iam a very happy customer.  Smiley

timjones902

Had to call tech support today as the router had a glitch, I had also forgot my password  Crazy
The very helpful non indian fella (ex talk talk/sh!tscally user here)  talked me through in a simple and non patronising way to sort my problem. Smiley
The addition of the free phone number is a huge bonus. Smiley
Thanks all,
Tim