cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well certainly not impressed so far

mrteeps

Well certainly not impressed so far

I signed up to plus net on 3rd February and was 'connected on the 19th February. Money gone from account on the 11th. And so far i have received 11 minutes of broadband usage.
When i was connected on 19th i rushed home eager to get back online and do some work, maybe get back into my gaming i have missed for a while. Turns out i had no ADSL light on my router. After trying 3 different routers, 2 different ADSL cables and 3 different micro-filters i finally decided that it was indeed not my fault, contacted Plusnet support and discovered that there was an exchange problem. Fair enough. Cant be helped i suppose. I didn't anticipate having to wait a further 5 days for the problem to be rectified. When i finally got the text telling me it had been sorted i went home. Reconfigured the router managed to get online for just over 10 minutes. Went to move the router into the lounge where it intends to live so i can play xbox through the ethernet and low and behold. No ADSL light went back to the test socket. no ADSL light. Now i'm likely to wait a further 5 days for another possible 10minutes of broadband.
I understand what happens at the exchange is out of Plusnets hands but i have never had to wait more than 24-48 hours for other providers to sort out maintenance. Is there a particular reason it takes so long for Openreach to carry out work on behalf of Plusnet? Seriously miffed at the moment especially and very close to moving to BT. At least that way i know maintenance will be carried out within a day and i could be definately online by the end of next week.
8 REPLIES 8
mrteeps

Re: Well certainly not impressed so far

Christ. What seriously bad grammar.
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: mrteeps
I understand what happens at the exchange is out of Plusnets hands but i have never had to wait more than 24-48 hours for other providers to sort out maintenance. Is there a particular reason it takes so long for Openreach to carry out work on behalf of Plusnet? Seriously miffed at the moment especially and very close to moving to BT. At least that way i know maintenance will be carried out within a day and i could be definately online by the end of next week.

Seriously, the response times for Openreach should be the same regardless of which ISP - note that they are legally obliged to treat BT Retail the same as PN the same as anybody else.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
As discussed with you today we need to get an engineer visit sorted for you, please let us know when you're available and I'll get this booked in for you.
sharpyuk
Grafter

Nightmare and this is always the way when its out of the providers control...  I have to agree with geofftswin , it will not do anything being with BT and i suppose they need to also give plenty of time for other problems to come up as well.  Then the engineer does not just go to the exchange to fix one issue, only to return the next day.
Hang in there mrteeps!  and maybe i will catch you on xbox live at some point where you can vent your frustrations out on america gamers!  Smiley
mrteeps

I want my broadband *sniff*
I have posted on the open ticket when i am available for a BT man to come and play in my house. Sooner the better. I am bored to tears.
sharpyuk
Grafter

Get some rope for when he/she arrives!!! then let them know they shall only leave once you are happy with your service for more than 48 hours Smiley
Its the BT way, you must learn how to handle them Tongue
mrteeps

Hmm i may not bother with the rope...i may be tempted to tie it around the BT engineers neck and throw him off the balustrade.
..always wanted to use that word in a forum post...WIN!

Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Hopefully the engineer this afternoon can get it sorted for you.