cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Plusnet

lemo

Welcome to Plusnet

Here’s my experience with Plusnet so far.
Signed up online and arranged a date for the BT engineer to visit.
One week later I got an email from Plusnet saying I had cancelled the transfer from my current provider.
Rang Plusnet who said my current provider had cancelled the transfer so we arranged a new date.
Two weeks later, the day arrived and I got an email in the morning from Plusnet saying the BT engineer was going to visit me. I waited in all day, but no BT engineer turned up.
I called Plusnet to ask what happened and was informed that the transfer was cancelled a week previously. No reason was given for not contacting me about the cancelation.
I called my current provider who confirmed no transfer request had been placed with BT on ether occasion.
I rang Plusnet to try for a third time to make an appointment with a BT engineer. I specified the 27th of Feb as I had a day off work.
I received an email from Plusnet confirming the transfer had be set but for the 26th of Feb.
I called Plusnet back and said I asked for the 27th. I was told that the date had now been changed to the 27th and I received an email to confirm.
A week later I called Plusnet and was told all was going to plan.
My current provider said BT had contacted then so all was looking good.
I received and email from Plusnet saying the BT engineer was going to visit on the 26th.
I called Plusnet as I arranged the engineer visit for the 27th and was told that the chap who said he changed the date from the 26th to the 27th had in fact not changed the date. The nice chap said he was very sorry and put me on hold while he arranged with his boss for me to get special treatment and arrange the BT engineer to visit me on the 2nd of March. He said he would sort this and text me later in the day with confirmation. I got no text.
I called Plusnet and was told by a different chap that what the previous chap told me was not possible and he did not know why I was made such promises. He went on to say he would definitely sort this mess out and contact me later in the day. He failed to contact me.
I now have no phone or internet and no date set for my Plusnet to be set up.
I have been lied to by at least three Plusnet employees and am dreading having to call again tomorrow to be lied to again.  
Emails, question logs etc back up what I have said here.
Thanks Plusnet.
Edit.. Received auto email saying my service has been active for 14 days and I 'm now getting 40mbps woohoo. Oh, fooled me again.
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Welcome to Plusnet

Hi Lemo,
Welcome to the PlusNet forums - sorry to hear of your totally unsatisfactory migration journey.
I am sad to advise that the failures in BT Wholesale's / BT Openreach's ordering systems are legion.  The stories of orders being dropped / rejected / cancelled within their systems are all too frequent.  We are told that PlusNet are working hard to improve the service delivery from their suppliers, but there is limited evidence of improvement forth coming.
It is vey hard to discern the difference between you being given false information and someone giving you the correct information and then subsequently having extreme difficulty in getting their good intents delivered by their suppliers.
Whatever, this is the right place to get an "angle grinder" on to the issue.  In PlusNet's CRT, there are a couple of individuals with extensive provisioning / supplier management experience, so they ought to be able to sort this soon.
It does seem strange though that your existing provider has terminated service prior to the service being migrated... you did not give your existing supplier a cessation date did you?  That is very dangerous and usually creates the kind of issues you have described - whilst there is an unfulfilled cancellation order on a line there is nothing any other provider can do to order a service provision.
I am sure CRT will soon deliver the facts and have you sorted!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lemo

Hi and thanks for the reply. I understand PlusNet don't have control over openreach but if they promise to contact me and then don't bother then it's a poor show. I call customers as part of my job and know it can be hard to call them with bad news but it's better to be honest and upfront rather than leaving me to have to post here out of desperation.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Agreed!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

So where is the Plusnet response to this thread?
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Good afternoon, I would like to apologise for the long response time it has taken for us to get back to you with this query. I have looked through your account and can see that you have been in touch and we have an engineers visit booked for tomorrow on the 03/03/2015 between 8am - 1pm.
Thanks
Ben B
lemo

Yep, looks like this may be sorted tomorrow which is great.