Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Fibre!

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Welcome to Fibre!

I'd already run the cabling for him so when the Openreach engineer turned up it took him all of 10 minutes to connect me and demonstrate a maximum possible downstream rate of around 90Mb  :).
Hooked things up and logged on to find I was still capped at around 5.5Mb from the pre-fibre connection.
Phoned PN and James kindly reset my rate on the spot.
37Mb will do nicely thank you  Smiley and BT's speedtester is giving a consistent 36.5Mb.
My goodness haven't things come on since I joined Force9 all those years ago and thought that upgrading to my Sportster Faxmodem 33.6k was fast! (Still got it too just in case .....).
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Welcome to Fibre!

37's OK but why not jump on the 80/20 trial and really see what your line can do?  Smiley
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102776.0.html
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

I'll wait a bit and make sure it settles in nice and stably first. So far so good though - rock steady.  Smiley
TBH though 40Mb comfortably exceeds my current needs so it would be more for tecchy interest.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks quelquod, glad you're happy and things went smoothly - enjoy the connection Smiley
If there's anything at all we can help with please drop us a line.