cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website temporarily unavailable

carolanddave

Website temporarily unavailable

As of today, 18th Jan, have been trying since 5.30am to log in and despite the notice that the website is temporarily unavailable but "won't take long" it's now almost 8am, yet still unavailable. This has happened a few times now and I've only been with Plusnet since December! Oh dear - do hope I wasn't too hasty in leaving BT........On the other hand, when it is running, I'm very satisfied - just appears to be "temporarily unavailable" too often.......
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Website temporarily unavailable

I presume you'd seen the service status post* that said there was maintenance overnight. It must have overrun a bit (BTW early Wednesday mornings is not a good time as Weds is the usual morning for maintenance).
[quote=http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1326820925.htm]Planned Website/Internal Systems Maintenance - Wednesday 18th January 2.30am-5.00am
Portal
Posted on: Tuesday 17 January 2012, 17:22
When is this work happening?
Tomorrow morning, 18th January.
What does it affect?
Access to our website.
How long will it take?
Around two and a half hours.
What does the work involve?
We're performing our regular rollout of system improvements.
Am I likely to notice the work?
You will be unable to access our website for the duration of the maintenance, and holding pages will be in place.
Is there anything else I need to know?
No.
* You can get service status posts emailed to you by signing up at http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

You may notice that the portal is unavailable at present as holding pages are in place again. We're working to resolve this as quickly as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

oh dear
What does the work involve?
We're performing our regular rollout of system improvements.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: carolanddave
This has happened a few times now and I've only been with Plusnet since December! Oh dear - do hope I wasn't too hasty in leaving BT........On the other hand, when it is running, I'm very satisfied - just appears to be "temporarily unavailable" too often.......

I hope you're aware you can connect to the internet without going through the Plusnet portal?  I don't mean to teach granny to suck eggs, but I've come across this misapprehension before. The portal being temporarily unavailable really isn't a big deal....
HTH
Chris
pierre_pierre
Grafter

that like all those people who have a Google front page and put the URL there and not in the browser menu bar
drj
Aspiring Pro

@ChrisL - it doesn't help that PlusNet Assist reports a problem with your system unless you set PlusNet as your Home page!
ChrisL
Rising Star

I knew there was more than one reason I don't touch Plusnet Assist with a bargepole....
edit: even though I do have the Members Centre as one of my home pages  Roll_eyes