cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail attachments

philbo

Webmail attachments

I've just started to use webmail so I sent myself an e-mail with my Bookmarks HTML file as an attachment but it seems to only appear as "winmail.dat"
I,ve also tried attaching other files such as an excel spreadsheet and this is also Winmail.dat.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Hary
Grafter

Re: Webmail attachments

Webmail usually refers to providers like Yahoo Hotmail etc.
It looks as though you are using Outlook Express.
Here is some info.Firstly make sure messages are sent in plain text format and not rich text.
http://www.pchell.com/support/winmaildat.shtml
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Good morning,
I'm pretty certain this is a webmail issue from what's been said. I have just tested this using your account details philbo and have replicated the issue. I have performed some account maintenance which I am hoping may fix this for you. Please leave at least 10 minutes before testing this out. Please get back to us if you still have problems following that as we may be able to give you access to our beta webmail platform for testing if not.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
philbo

Adamwalker
Thanks for the reply but I've just tried it again and got the "winmail.dat" again instead of my attachment.
Philbo
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Philbo,
Just before we get into discussing this further can I just check that you are definitely logging into webmail via our website to send this message? If you are I will endeavour to get you on to a trial for our beta webmail. Otherwise please let me know (although I don't suspect so) if you would be using something like Outlook or Outlook Express.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
philbo

Adam
Yes, I am sending an e-mail from Outlook with an attachment in it. I wanted to keep a copy of my bookmarks on the web for easy access from other computers.
Philbo
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just tried from Outlook 2003 - and webmail showed this