cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service - OR NOT

netman
Grafter

Web service - OR NOT

Angry Its seems that plusnet have upgraded to PHP5 from PHP4 but there appears a lack of forethought and testing. When I called PlusNet webservice the guy said, and get this "Oh I don't know why the security images are not working, I'll talk to my supervisor... I'll put you on hold...... Oh! We don't support PHP!" WHAT! What's more PlusNet do not answer your tickets. It's been 20 days up to now. I think I might have to find another provider and take my customers with me... ALL 230 of them so think on PlusNet... Get a GRIP!
6 REPLIES 6
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Web service - OR NOT

Playing devils advocate.  It could be that Support doesn't offer support on PHP issues.  Your best bet would be to post a err post in these forums, I'm sure some of the people here are PHP guru's who'll be able to figure it out.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

he is being sorted by Gabe on another thread
netman
Grafter

Smiley
Gabe is a STAR and I am following the advice on another thread.
I know that PN are not Gurus in every field but what narks me is when I flobbed off on the phone. Customer support is surposed to be that. Still we're getting there!  Cool
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately the swift move over to PHP5 was somewhat forced upon us, hence the lack of notice. I see you've now found the support you needed in the forums from Gabe (many thanks).
Sorry you felt fobbed off on the phone, I'll speak to the agent who you spoke to and make sure they give the correct advice in future.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
matt_2k34
Grafter

but surely the advice given was correct?
The platform supports PHP
Calling the callcentre for support = They dont offer support on your own websites etc..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yes, the advice was correct but the way it was delivered wasn't Wink
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.