cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We'll do you proud

craigfoxy1
Dabbler

We'll do you proud

When fat man on the adverts do you do us proud customer for Three years and i don't feel proud.
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: We'll do you proud

Hi craigfoxy1,
I've just read and replied to your PM. I'm really sorry to hear that you're still having problems - I wasn't aware that it had been going on for 3 years.
You mentioned on your Fault Report that you've got a noisy line - have you tried an alternative handset/connected your current handset into your Test Socket?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Chris,
See here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,126041.msg1095217.html#msg1095217
This user has numerous forum posts regarding issues back in December 2013.  Back then they were requested to do a faults test - any way of checking to see if they did this?  I wonder if the line has been perceived to be performing badly since the initial problematic installation?
@Mods,
Is there merit in locking this and all of the associated threads other than the 'brick wall' one which Chris has updated?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

There's a fault report open now, but I can see any Fault Ticket historically to that.
It'd be easier if we could keep everything all in one place coming to think of it.
abstruse21
Grafter

I kind of feel sorry for PN trying to follow a problem when information about the problem is posted to multiple threads then abandoned with open questions from forum members or PN staff only for a new one to be opened somewhere else that again doesn't give any of the useful information that has been requested.
Keeping all the information together in one thread and answering the questions of people trying to help fix the issues is kind of key to getting the problem resolved. I note the OP has been asked repeatedly on various threads if he ever raised an actual fault ticket (prior to the one open now) or did any of the tasks asked of him. Questions he has failed to respond to (on the threads I have read at least).
If the support system is to help the OP then doing the simple tasks they ask to help identify the issues is vital to getting it resolved (or at least confirming they have been done and posting the results if he has in fact followed those requests up). Ignoring their requests and just asking again and again for them to fix it and stating how poor the service is doesn't help PN and certainly does not help the OP get a satisfactory resolution.
If the problem has persisted for 3 years as the OP states it is odd that there does not seem to be a history of this prior to recently. Or did the OP just live with the fault for that long without raising a ticket?
I do not know the full actions the OP has taken to date, I can only see what has been posted on the forums by him and others but this randomly opening new threads and failing to answer requests on open ones cannot be helping matters.
picbits
Rising Star

@ abtruse21 - you'll get used to seeing this from time to time.
Often there are major rants but refusal to actually do what is asked to identify the fault.
When I first joined there was an amazingly obnoxious customer who seemed a little mentally unhinged that really went on a memorable trolling spree.
I have to admire PN staff for keeping their cool through a lot of it  Grin
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

DomS,
Some of them are real saints when it comes to being patient and tolerant - I really do not know how they do it, day in day out, especially in situations where if only they could take control of the remote end some problems would be so much easier to fix.
I hope when the new test systems come on line, they can separate testing from booking an appointment so that "normal" testing can be (more frequently) initiated by PN rather than needing to ask the end users to do it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.