cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog TV looking into plusnet, read on.

CMR
Dabbler

Watchdog TV looking into plusnet, read on.

As a result of the ongoing query i have with plusnet, part of my anger went into contacting the Watchdog team, they have suggested that if anybody feels they would like to add there complaint to mine then please pass your details on to myself at Craig@cmr-performance.co.uk and i will leave it 7 days then send them all.
cheers
craig
20 REPLIES 20
Mand
Grafter

Re: Watchdog TV looking into plusnet, read on.

Hi there,
I can completely understand your frustrations so far, but we are investigating your issues, and will do all we can to get them resolved for you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

CMR,
FYI I have replied to your original thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85823.0.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Quote from: CMR
As a result of the ongoing query i have with plusnet, part of my anger went into contacting the Watchdog team, they have suggested that if anybody feels they would like to add there complaint to mine then please pass your details on to myself at Craig@cmr-performance.co.uk and i will leave it 7 days then send them all.
cheers
craig

You can send them a link to this thread........ http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84714.0.html  problems on going for nearly two months, plus I am disabled with a serious condition that does not respond well to stress which I have made plusnet fully aware of, which they have largely ignored and I have had to spend many hours defending my corner rather than plusnet sort the problem out.....at least 8 x attempts by BT to sort the problem out and since at least Saturday I have had no internet at all and nobody from plusnet can be bothered to let me know what is happening or when my broadband will be working again.......
If Watchdog find it of interest I will give them my personal details......
Good luck with your on going problems.....hope they get sorted.....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

You could also try this organisation which plusnet signed up to and agreed to abide by the rules.........I will be complaining to them later this week if plusnet don't sort out my latest problems with them.......

http://www.ispa.org.uk/
This part of the code of conduct I found interesting........
2.4 Honesty
2.4.1 Members shall use their reasonable endeavours to ensure Services (excluding Third Party Content) and Promotional Material are not of a kind that are likely to mislead by inaccuracy, ambiguity, exaggeration, omission or otherwise.
2.5 Fair Trading
2.5.1 In their dealings with consumers, other businesses and each other, Members must act fairly and reasonably at all times. 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

dogwhisperer,
We're dealing with your connection issues at the moment as per this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84714.0.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I am just letting this person know that they can add my complaint to the Watchdog list of complaints, with my reasons why and letting him know of another organisation he can complain to.....
killyfish
Dabbler

Here Here!
You can add my complaint to your list, it's about time these companies stepped up a gear and actually help customers instead of the constant sod off lame excuses.
I wonder how many plusnet staff actually use plusnet broadband?
If anybody wants to report plusnet directly to BBC Watchdog, here is the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Killyfish,
The majority of staff here use Plusnet broadband.
Re your other thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,86387.0.html  some one else is already looking at this and will respond to you shortly.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rascom
Grafter

People are always quick to jump on a bandwagon when they have problems but never actually thank or congratulate people enough when the service they received is good.
I'm not saying that the people above are being unreasonable, please don't think that, but to contrast their problems we have been PN customers at work and home for over 7 years and, as a IT Server reseller, we have recommended around 100 customers to PN in that time.  Their logical thinking is that if/when they ave problems, they contact us in the 1st instance as it was on our recommendation that they contracted to PlusNet - we get VERY few calls from customers to say they are having problems and have no customers who have said they are unhappy with PlusNet.
Watchdog tend to give people the impression that any company they report on is totally untrustworthy which is not always the case and it may just be a very small number of individuals who are having problems when taken as a percentage of their overall customer base.
On the couple of occasions I have spoken to PN Support they have always been quick to respond and very helpful so to those people who are having problems, I would say give them a chance to sort your problems out.  And no, I don't work for PlusNet!!!
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: killyfish
I wonder how many plusnet staff actually use plusnet broadband?

Given they get broadband for free - I would have expected the number to be high.
A more telling figure would be how many don't...
In fairness though - I've a number of accounts that have been with PN for a number of years - I would say that generally you get reasonable value for money - and pretty decent service a lot of the time.
SparckZero
Grafter

I can understand people being frustrated with PlusNet - but at the end of the day, you'd get these issues with any other ISP - and I can't think of many that engage with the customer-base on the same level as PlusNet do. A Watchdog investigation would more than likely reach the same conclusion.
I find dogwhisperer's quoting of the ISPA rules to be a bit inflammatory - having read dogwhisperer's thread in full, I would say that PlusNet are doing everything in their power to sort the issue out for you, and have been very upfront and honest about what's going on...I can't see any situation where PlusNet have been unfair either. Please don't consider this a personal attack...more a reasoned opinion.
I can honestly say that there's no other ISP I'd rather be with from a customer service perspective.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I've been a PN customer for many years and any problem has been resolved in an efficient and timely manner.  If Watchdog want to contact me I will be happy to pass on my experience to them.
killyfish
Dabbler

I can understand replies in regards to having a good service, I always had one with BT before moving to plusnet which my brother in-law suggested to me.
The problem I have is the duration of faults I have experienced, constantly for the past 7 months! If you were on 2.7mbps starting off and then find your averaging 400 - 700kbps only be told when you complain that the max you can have is 1.2mbps, would you be happy?
It's not like we even get 1.2mbps, it's always between 400 - 700kbps and frankly I am getting sick and tired of complaining about it! We have one life and here I am again wasting my precious time complaining again just to get an expected service I was promised. If I don't complain then I get shafted, you tell me why I should be happy? I would love to swap my experiences with others who claim to have had an excellent service, lets see how they would rate plusnet then lol
Cross Talk for the last 7 months, today they claim that is fixed and others have mentioned that cross talk would affect the broadband speed? It's still 400 - 700kbps and always will be.
Plusnet have now contacted me stating that I must at least pay the line rental and cost of calls? I am more than willing to pay when they sort me out some decent service, it's not fair paying full line rental for a faulty line, it's not fair paying full price of calls when I have to listen to other peoples conversation due to cross talk......go figure!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

From what I've read on here most of the problems seem to be down to the BTw and Openreach system of handling faults. PlusNet must work through BTw and they in turn through Openreach. No one organisation is responsible for actually getting on and fixing the problem!! information moving between the organisations seems to get lost, invented etc and nowhere in the system does there seem to be any guarantee of 'service level' in terms of actually fixing faults rather than just responding!.
I would echo what artmo said , I have been a PlusNet customer for many years and any problem I have had has been resolved timely. Fortunately none of my problems have rqeuired BTw or Openreach to be involved ( that's a kiss of death isn't it , I'm going to go home and find no internet now! ) .

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.