cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was it worth changing?

phillexus

Was it worth changing?

So, you are lured with the posibility of huge speed improvements, and guarenteed 66 ,eg of download speed.  You upgrade, pay for a new router from Plusnet, which it turns out you never needed anyway (so that is stuffed in the garage) and the upgrade your connection, and the best you can get is 13meg.  So, extra cost for unecersary equiptment, extra monthly payments and the same speed as you had with your ADSL.
2 engineer visits later it is proved that it is not the fault of your internal wiring, and they even trace excactly where in the system that over 50 meg of speed is being lost.  Do they fix it? No.  Currently a waste of both time (of which this has used about 6 hours of my time so far) and money.  When you call to find out what is happening, you get the ususal "24 - 72 hours" statement.  My advise - avoid avoid!  Very disapointed.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Was it worth changing?

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear about the issue. I would agree with my colleagues comments on your ticket that say "the action currently being taken by our suppliers does not meet our expectations" I can also see an escalation has been raised and that you're line seems to have been moved between cabinets at some point and that we're looking to reverse that.
Sorry if there's any hard feelings with regards to the router, I'm not sure that our sign up process mentions that you must use our hardware. However I'm happy to refund the postage and packing fee that you've paid.
I'll speak with a member of our faults team now to see if we have any further updates for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
phillexus

Re: Was it worth changing?

Thanks for taking the time to reply Adam - I appreciate it.  I accept that we do need to get to a resolve before we can do much more, and I look forward to that. 
If it helps at all, the BT enginer did say that he thought the simplest way (as it seems that there is a very historic cable routing issue) , would be for BT to issue a new phone line, which would automatically come from the nearest cabinet (which is what we need) and then do a number switch to give the same number.  From there, the speed issue would be corrected.  Simple.  The difficult part is getting them to realise this would be the simplest, cheapest and most efficent way of handling it.  This is what he was recomending, but I am not sure if they will understand the logic, as they probably do not appreciate the geographic concequences of the hsitoric set up, where my line currently doubles back from a cabinet just up the road, back to one almost a mile away, and then comes back again.  Not sure if this info may help.