cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning… Bill increased with no warning...

ajev18

Warning… Bill increased with no warning...

I have been a happy customer of plusnet for a few years now.  When moving house last May I was offered a better deal than I was already on and asked if I would like to set it up for 24 months.  I then had problems in December with emails saying that they were sorry I was leaving, even though I wasn't and hadn't done anything different.  However, this was sorted over the phone and was offered an even cheaper deal.  Happy again. 
However, last month I get told an amount was going to be taken out of my account, and receive texts and emails telling me my phone is now ready to be used, despite not having done anything or received any other emails.  After asking what this was about, I was told "it appears that both your broadband discount and line rental saver plan has recently come to an end".  Considering this rate was set to me in December after the problems, the fact that I always renew my line rental saver when I get notified each year, and that when I moved house in May last year I set up for 24 months, this didn't make sense.
Upon phoning to enquire about this further, I was told the small amount that had been charged was because the rate offered in December was too low and should have been a small amount higher, so I was being charged for the difference over the few months since December.  Not too impressed, as it wasn't my fault, but OK. 
Now to finish it all off, I have just been told that my direct debit has now been set to an amount that is SIX TIMES what I have been paying monthly since December with no explanation.  Not a happy bunny.  It is probably time to cancel, as this is no cheaper than anyone else now - and can use my unlimited internet from my mobile provider for free, which is also much fast download and certainly upload - but I imagine it is going to cost me more to cancel.  Just to warn people to check up on their plans and be careful.
2 REPLIES 2
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Warning… Bill increased with no warning...

Hi ajev18,
I've had a look into your account and can confirm that your discounts are still applicable, however, your Line Rental Saver has now expired hence why we've charged you for Line Rental this month. If you log in to the member centre you will be able to see the break down of your bill and you'll notice that both discounts are still applicable, however, your bill will seem a lot more as the Line Rental charge has been added.
I'm sorry for any confusion caused.
ajev18

Re: Warning… Bill increased with no warning...

OK, thank you.  That makes more sense.  However, in the past I have been warned that it is running out and asked to set it up again.  This time I didn't get warned, so the line rental just goes out as my first warning?  Just a little frustrated as it seems every email is more money being taken…!  Hoping I can set it up as a yearly thing later on.  Away at work at the moment, so can't look into it properly until later.  But thanks for getting back to me.  Many thanks, Adam.