cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting engineer

Ya

Waiting engineer

I have got an engineer appointment today 11/06/2013 around 8am-1pm but they haven't arrived yet.
15 REPLIES 15
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Waiting engineer

Hi there,
I'm very sorry to say it looks like the order was delayed by our suppliers due to a fault found on the line, they've asked us to rearrange the appointment. If you could give our support team a call or otherwise let us know when you'd be available we'll be able to get that sorted, it'd be best to call up though as that way it can all be sorted while you're on the phone.
Sorry about the delay, and hope that helps.
Ya

Now I'm outside UK. My wife is waiting your engineer at home. Why you do not send an email or text message to us that you cannot provide service today. We have been waiting for 2 months about your service but nothing happened and we are still need to wait again. How I can re-arrange appointment because I'm not in UK if re-arrange by email is it possible?. My wife try to call you asking about the service but they said they cannot give any informations because she is not user holder.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can raise a ticket (or view your open tickets) online at http://contactus.plus.net, you can also add your wife as an authorised contact via that method in order that she can call up - but if you log in there and add your availability for appointments to the open ticket regarding the order we'll make sure to arrange it for you.
I'm really sorry we didn't tell you, unfortunately while the information was added to your order in our supplier's systems this wasn't sent on to us.
jyw104
Dabbler

Hi Matt, is the protocol that a BTO engineer should (in theory) contact me prior to arrival to get the fibre connection sorted?
Starting to get a bit antsy that I've heard nothing or a sign that the engineer's around!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It is, and I'm afraid in this case the appointment was moved to tomorrow afternoon which I'm guessing (aside from today's annoyance which I'm very very sorry for) isn't suitable and it'll need to be rearranged for the 14th or 17th?
Please let us know when would be best for us to rebook the appointment and once again I'm really sorry you weren't informed.
jyw104
Dabbler

It'll have to be the 17th - AM.
My line of work means it's hard to schedule for days off so yes, a little frustrating that we weren't informed by way of text or a phone call earlier today to inform the delay. Appreciate that liaising with BTO is not easy, but the chain of communication has to improve. Thanks,
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Someone from our provisioning team will be in touch shortly to confirm with you.
jyw104
Dabbler

Thanks - no one was able to call this evening, so I suppose we'll have to revisit this tomorrow!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like you've called up this morning and may well have had this explained, but because the appointment was rescheduled for today we can't cancel it until midday (I'll question this when we go to rearrange it!). So as soon as we've been able to sort it out for you I'll be in touch.
Really sorry about all this.
jyw104
Dabbler

No probs Matt - appreciate the help. Yes I did call them directly this morning to explain a change in circumstance. Think it's on record in the notes, so fingers crossed!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, we've tried to get an appointment for Friday (14th) afternoon and it's not available I'm afraid, really sorry about that. Are any other times/dates possible, ideally next week?
jyw104
Dabbler

No that's OK. Oddly, a subcontracted engineer called me about 20 minutes ago to say that he was at my place with the equipment. Seeing as that no-one was there to answer, he suggested that I install it myself. Told me it's a faceplate upgrade (if needed) and the BTO modem. Phone line is now down, so it's down to me to self install it!
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, does seem odd though I'm not surprised the engineer was there as we weren't able to cancel the job unfortunately.
Not sure if you'll be able to self install unless he's left the faceplate and modem at your premises somewhere which wouldn't be good, if you can't please do let us know when we can book an engineer for, thanks.
jyw104
Dabbler

Was able to self install. I had the faceplate and modem. Took 10 minutes. And I'm now connected.
So far so good. Am I right in thinking the speed may fluctuate as the connection settles down?