cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WANTED - An owner for my support case.

Dissatisfied

WANTED - An owner for my support case.

Can someone please explain what Plusnet support means by 'ownership' ?
I have had an open support issue for over a month now.
It's an issue with slow speed and intermittent disconnects.
Each time I call in to find out what is happening, I speak to a different person with no prior knowledge of my call, despite the fact that I am continuously hearing about 'escalation' and 'ownership.'
I have been told on several occasions that the call will be escalated.
I have been told on several occasions that I will get callbacks within a certain time period, and then have not received the calls.
Today I phoned up to find out why the callback I had been promised for the previous day had still not happened.
I got further babble about 'ownership', 'escalation' and 're-raising' by way of explanation for why I didn't get a callback yesterday, but was assured that I would get one tomorrow.
However, I could not be told who would call me back or when, because the call had to be 'escalated for ownership with the suppliers', but nobody in the 'priority' team could talk to me because 'they were not able to take ownership of the call until it had been escalated with the suppliers.'
Also no explanation was given as to why this procedure hadn't already been done, or couldn't be done there and then, as I was calling within business hours.
Nobody within Plusnet seems to want to take 'ownership' of my issue, despite the fact that they're the ones who are currently happily taking my money.
In terms of the actual issue, I have replaced microfilters, routers, connected to test sockets, balanced a balloon on my head, and generally confirmed that nothing my side is causing the fault. An Openreach line engineer then confirmed the line itself was okay.
Somehow this has resulted in me having to call back to front line support repeatedly to find out what is now going on, only to continually get palmed off with the promise of the priority team getting round to discussing with the suppliers and then getting back to me.
I really don't care what Plusnet's internal procedures are. But I am bored of hearing the support team banging on about 'ownership' if nobody actually knows what this means.
Rather than have me continually phoning up to speak to somebody with no knowledge of what troubleshooting has already been done, surely somebody within Plusnet should have been assigned by now to take personal responsibility ( ownership ) for troubleshooting my fault.
Then perhaps I'd be a little more inclined to believe that somebody will actually call me tomorrow, even if I'm still not at all clear why nobody could talk to me properly about my case when I was already on the line asking PN support for a progress update.
4 REPLIES 4
artificer
Grafter

Re: WANTED - An owner for my support case.

write a letter to the chief honcho.  letters to chief honchos still work a treat.  must be their rarity value.
Dissatisfied

Thanks artificer. Good advice, and cheered me up at the same time.  Smiley
adie:quote
avatastic
Grafter

Just keep waving your arms quietly here and no doubt Mr. Walker will be along to do what he can.*
* This may also involve some 're-education' of the people involved in the calls, if you can provide him with dates/times as well as the ticket number you have raised it'll help him greatly.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Dissatisfied

Thanks for the response avatastic.
My ticket number is #38588025
Not really my intention to get individuals into trouble over this.
I see it far more as an intrinsic problem with Plusnet's procedures.
There is clearly an overall problem here as I've had an open issue for a month which keeps being dropped back into some sort of 1st line queue and when I call in to find out on the progress, I get told that it requires to be escalated, but that the 'priority' team are not available / too busy / will call me back when they have 'escalated to BT for ownership'.
I'm just getting sick of calling in and none of the people I talk to want to take responsibility to ensure that the callbacks they promise are actually being met.