Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP and Fax-2-Email Closure

bobboulby
Grafter

Re: VoIP and Fax-2-Email Closure

Quote from: Petard
I wonder if Plusnet are not being penny wise and pound foolish. We who have these services are old subscribers who pay full rates. We are more valuable than new sign-ups. We do not receive introductory bribes, nor is it necessary to pay Bluff Yorkshire Bloke to go on the telly and recruit us.
It is unwise to alienate us. Time was when I recommended Plusnet to people. Since BT took over and made its bean-counting influence felt, I no longer do this. Personal recommendation is, of course, the cheapest way to find new customers, and each of them is worth some hundreds of pounds if they stay a few years before moving on.
In this light, it is debatable whether discontinuing these services is a clever idea.

My thoughts as well.
Bob.
bobboulby
Grafter

Deleted.
amcclean
Rising Star

Moved out to Gradwell  on Thursday very easy no problem and all settings remain the same. 
Shame there was no handover deal / sweetner for those mowing and losing their 120 or 240 inclusive minutes. 
Podman
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

still waiting to be contacted, however if there's no deal on offer below the £4 then it'll be a pointless conversation anyway.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: podman
Moved out to Gradwell  on Thursday very easy no problem and all settings remain the same. 

You will need to change the settings you're using. After speaking with Gradwell, I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned to you TBH?
Once the service is suspended, we'll be looking to tidy up and remove the DNS records that point to Gradwell's SIP servers etc. This will cause problems for anybody still using the plus.net SIP and Proxy addresses.
I suspect changing all instances of sip.plus.net to sip.gradwell.com and nat.plus.net/natproxy.plus.net to nat.gradwell.com should suffice.
Quote from: dvorak
still waiting to be contacted, however if there's no deal on offer below the £4 then it'll be a pointless conversation anyway.

Last I heard, Gradwell had managed to respond to around 75% of form submissions,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Rikaitch
Grafter

Just found these guys for a *real* geographical number again, and free. A lot are offering 056x numbers, but I wanted a real location because the 056 I suspect isn't included in a lot of free call packages (wanting 01,02 or 03 numbers)
https://www.net-telco.net/
Just waiting for a confirmation email now, and then I can stick a fiver in but receive calls in the meantime.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Rikaitch
Just found these guys for a *real* geographical number again, and free. ...
https://www.net-telco.net/

Woah, their per minute rates are expensive. I've just signed my business up to Sipgate/team whose line/call rates are quite good. They supply real geographic numbers for a couple pounds a month. I've chosen a block of numbers and they were immediately available. We're testing the implementation across several sites and all is going smoothly. They provide SMS and efax too. After testing we will add a second SIP supplier to provide diverse routing. The only hardware cost is some Polycom and Grandstream IP phones, plus the replacement of some old switches (IPv6 enabled). Everything else is a monthly contract.  We'd have considered PN if they'd not pulled the VOIP plug.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Quote from: Bob

Quote from: podman

You will need to change the settings you're using. After speaking with Gradwell, I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned to you TBH?
Once the service is suspended, we'll be looking to tidy up and remove the DNS records that point to Gradwell's SIP servers etc. This will cause problems for anybody still using the plus.net SIP and Proxy addresses.
I suspect changing all instances of sip.plus.net to sip.gradwell.com and nat.plus.net/natproxy.plus.net to nat.gradwell.com should suffice.
Quote from: dvorak

Last I heard, Gradwell had managed to respond to around 75% of form submissions,

Bob,
I have had to go through the web form twice - the Gradwell guy then phoned me after the second time in the middle of July - I was at work, and said I couldn't talk and wouldn't be free until after 6. I've not heard anything since. That is a pretty poor show really, considering how long I and others have been customers of PlusNet and in a way, Gradwell - you would have thought they would be very keen to gain some business, but clearly not.
I will be looking at an alternative service with another supplier who can meet my needs.
Roger.
(A long since ex-moderator and forum dweller)
dvorak

I never received a call from gradwell either
Customer / Moderator
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Well then that's plain poor matey. This would never have happened pre BT days.
dvorak

Happily moved to sipgate
Customer / Moderator
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I'm just looking at them now and their basic package Cheesy
Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I signed up with Sipgate with their Basic package when I didn't hear from Gradwell. Then about 3-4 weeks later Gradwell rang - too late!
The only disappointing thing about Sipgate is that the Basic package doesn't let you port your number. For the interim I've set an outgoing message on the old Plusnet/Gradwell number to tell callers to phone the new number. The Sipgate service is fine - I've had another VOIP number with them for more than a year and never had any problems.
Annie
the_norris
Grafter

Oh "#@"!
Just seen the news post this is going - did use this a lot on my Android phone (S3's inbuilt) but stopped using as the Note 4 does not have that inbuilt - and not got round to setup again with a app until today.
Oh well - like others this this value add kept me here - as on very old limited FTTC product - from the days I've been a trialist for FTTC. 
So now real benefits in staying with Plusnet now.  Of to BT with the free wifi hotspots too - good for a business traveler like me.

Phil
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi all,
Really sorry I didn't pick up on these posts, only just seen them! Sad
Speaking to Gradwell recently, I'm of the impression they've contacted all but a small number of customers who've requested callbacks.
Shout up if you're still waiting for one/would like one.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵