cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my usage query

chawkins
Dabbler

View my usage query

I understand the 'usage in detail' page, the 'usage this month' and 'usage history'.
But the usage breakdown page has left me completely confused and there doesn't seem to be a thorough explanation of this in any guide.
As a new customer I have thus far used a tiny 630.5MB of my 10 GB monthly allowance.
My billing period is Nov 24th - Dec 23rd... and my broadband didn't go live till 1st Dec. Thus, from 24th Dec - 30th Dec, there was no broadband usage.
I now have around 9.25 GB left to use between now and the 23rd Dec (and my next billing period starts).
What I find confusing is that on the 'usage breakdown page' it says for Activity > Web Allowance ... 46% ...what does this mean... 46% allowance of what... does this mean I have used nearly 50% of my allowable website browsing (how can that be if I have used such a small amount of my monthly allowance?) ...this has completely confused me. And total usage with streaming added as well is 64%.
5 REPLIES 5
itsme
Grafter

Re: View my usage query

You have currently used 630.5MB and 46% of this has been for Web.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I don't think that's quite right. The usage breakdown percentages are based on 100% being the sum of your current usage, allowance + overnight. So if you've used 630MB from your allowance and say 150MB overnight - you didn't give that figure - your current total usage is 780MB. 46% of that is 359MB so that is what the Web allowance column represents.
It's up to you what protocols you use, you can spend all of your allowance on streaming if you wish - but it might be helpful to mention classification is approximate so small quantities in Broadband phonecalls (for example), even though you haven't made any are nothing to worry about.
David
chawkins
Dabbler

Thanks itsme and spraxyt
I understand what your saying spraxyt... I didn't include the current usage total including overnight deliberately... because I was only interested in the 'allowance' and didn't want to confuse it with the free overnight usage.
Actually itsme has given me the answer I was looking for... as I now understand it... the allowance percentage is a percentage of the different activities broken down into categories... based on the amount of bandwidth already used... I was looking at the percentage as a part of monthly allowance... that's where I got confused.
Thanks both
itsme
Grafter

Actually @spraxyt explanation is correct as I did not take into account the free usage. as all the percentage are done on total usage. Hence why the bottom right cell will add up to 100% in both directions, left to right and top to bottom
chawkins
Dabbler

Yes... you are talking about the total usage column... which adds both allowance and overnight... this will always be a 100% total... so if I had only used web and no streaming web would be 100% of total.