cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very very disapointing service this time around - looking at possibly leaving.

W4SIM

Very very disapointing service this time around - looking at possibly leaving.

Ref:- 55873533
Iv had an account with PN for about 6 months now and the service has been fairly good. Im now buying a 2nd flat for myself and i thought i would have a second account with PN and get their services in there aswell.
Problem with the new flat is that the phone line has been disconnected for years and so a new line needs to be installed. So an engineer was booked for Friday 25/05/2012 between 8am and 1pm and a charge of £50 was made for installation.
He must have been more eager than me to get the work done as he rang me at 8pm the night before to see how early he could get there as he only had 2 jobs on in the morning and wanted an early finish, he wanted to be there at 7am. I wouldnt have minded so much but unfortunately the new flat is a bit of building site and no one is usually there till 10am. Being ever so helpful that i am i decided to pay the builders £25 to have someone there at 8 in the morning. The engineer was over the moon with this.
Next day off i went in the afternoon to see what had been done and tick another thing off my "to do" list. However i was told the engineer never turned up, never rang to say he wasnt going to turn up and neither did Plus Net. I recieved an email from Plus Net at 11:30 PM to tell me that there had been a problem with the installation and the work wasnt carried out . . . . . well link:censored me if i hadnt figured that one out yet!
Anyways, the problem was that they had given me a phone number that was already in use and so they couldnt do the work. This was rather conveniently blamed on the "system", which i think is a pretty link:censored poor excuse really.
But whats REALLY annoyed me is the fact that the new appointment is now being booked in for the 20th of June, nearly 4 WEEKS later. The question is, why on earth should I have to wait for so long due to a link:censored up on THEIR part. Why should i have to pay the price for it??? Surely you should be doing something more to get an engineer out earlier given the circumstances? And whose going to compensate my £25 i had to pay from my own pocket given the fact that i have recieved 2 emails AND 2 text messages stating that if I miss the appointment i will have to pay £50 for a new appointment . . . . [Censored]. You just cant make this up really!!!
I think il be making a call to Virgin Media tomorrow, id been with them at a different address for nearly 4 years and not once did i ever have a problem, why o why did i ever leave. If Plus Net dont do anything soon to make things better im afraid they'll be losing both my accounts.
You can try blaming BT as much as you like but at the end of the day im your customer whose paying you, i expect PLUS NET to be making things BETTER for me, not off loading the problem to someone else.
adie:red avoidence of swear filter removed as per link:rules]
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Very very disapointing service this time around - looking at possibly leaving.

I just want to start our response by saying that we're really sorry to hear about the frustration you've obviously encountered here.
With regards to missed engineer appointments we often will not know that the engineer is unable to attend until after the due time of the visit which explains why we weren't able to let you know in turn. Sometimes engineers will call the customer to inform of a delay or if they are unable to attend an appointment in this case it's difficult to understand that if the engineer anticipated delays (as per when he called you on the previous day) that they weren't able to push back on this to their management or call you on the day when they weren't able to attend. This is something we will push back to our suppliers as we always do if anything like this occurs. I will be digging deeper into this and if I do find that we've errored here to I will let you know and make sure feedback is given at this end where needed.
Anyways, the problem was that they had given me a phone number that was already in use and so they couldnt do the work. This was rather conveniently blamed on the "system", which i think is a pretty [Censored] poor excuse really.

Looking at this realistically and pragmatically it could well be a system issue that caused this problem, however we don't want to give you the impression that we're passing the buck or blaming someone else. No matter who or what is to blame it's up to us to do what we can to get this resolved, and I will make sure that we do that effectively for you.
I can't unfortunately promise you that we will be able to bring the next appointment forward but I will try my best for you and I will make sure we give you a good will gesture when this has been resolved in full.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kdoug007
Grafter

Re: Very very disapointing service this time around - looking at possibly leaving.

sorry  i just had to make a  reply.... 
i have had PN  for  5  days now...  its  so good... i cant  believe  it..
  its  fast,,  have  never  had a  problem and the  customer  service  is  terrific..
  thank  goodness i left  my other  provider.
W4SIM

Well im glad one of us is happy with Plus Net.
In all honesty, im very happy with the service iv been getting with my other account with them, whats annoyed me here is just HOW this situation has been handled . . . . . very poorly in my opinion.  Angry
adie:quote
W4SIM

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

I can't unfortunately promise you that we will be able to bring the next appointment forward but I will try my best for you and I will make sure we give you a good will gesture when this has been resolved in full.

Hi Adam,
Thanks for taking this on board, but given the circumstances so far im not going to hold my breath on the date being brought forward . . . . . BUT, i will still ask if anything has turned up by any chance as of yet???
Thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
Looking at this realistically it now seems that I won't be able to bring the installation date forward as this is purely based on engineer availability. I have in all honesty tried my best to arrange this for you.
Moving forward I will still keep a close eye on this for you and will as promised make sure we look after you when this has been resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
W4SIM

As your aware the appointment has been set for 20/06/2012 between 1pm and 6pm.
Iv recieved a call today from BT Open Reach confirm that the appointment is still on for 20/06/2012 between 8am and 1pm!!!!!!
Iv then rang Plusnet to confirm which time slot it was as i had 2 different ones, and they confirmed it had been 8am to 1pm all along, there was no mention of any other times on the system.
So for a whole month now iv been led to believe it was the afternoon slot and had i missed it no doubt it would have been my fault and i would have lost my installation fee.
Now im not even 100% sure whose word to take so il have to waste another day to make sure im around morning and afternoon and from the last experience they wont turn up anyway.
Could this possibly get any worse?
If you dont want me as a customer how about just tell me to Fuckoff somewhere else rather than messing me about???
dick:red Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rules.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm really sorry for the confusion there, I'm not sure why conflicting information was given there. I will look deeper into this and make sure some feedback is given.
I've checked the Openreach systems and can see that the appointment is booked for between 08:00 and 13:00, I'm sorry if you feel misled by this.
Please don't hesitate to let me know via here if there are any issues tomorrow but everything is definitely set for the appointment.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
W4SIM

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'm sorry if you feel misled by this.

Its not like i "felt" misled because i mistook AM for PM or cant tell the difference, i WAS misled as i was given the wrong time slot.
As for the day itself, just a word of advice for the 2 problems we had -
1. I told Plusnet that i wont be at the property as its a building site at the minute and so would need a "half hour" call beforehand, no problem they said (on several occasions). Well the engineer rang me to tell me he was at the property and had been for the last 5 minutes and wasnt going to hang around for much longer . . . . . while i was about 15 mins away. i suppose it was "good of him" to stay put but had i missed this appointment because he had not rang me in a timely manner as promised, there would have been hell on. I dont know what goes on between Plusnet and BT OutofReach, but "communication" isnt the word.
2. The last engineer didnt bother to turn up as someone had realised on the day that the number we had been given was already in use. What annoyed me about that whole situation was that he did not even bother to ring to let me know, despite the fact that he rang me 3 times the previous evening to try and bring his time as early as possible so that he could finish early!!!!! To make matters worse, this engineer has come out, installed the new line and hey presto, its the same bloody number as last time which apparently couldnt be used. So iv basically sat around for a whole month for a problem that really never even existed???
Adam - Im not having a dig at yourself here, but as a company they should really wonder what amount of "compensation" would do you justice.
Now iv been promised that my Broadband will be up and running by next Friday, 29/06/2012. Im not going to hold my breath on this.  Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi W4SIM,
Yes, it's not a good experience you had. We do need to feed this back to Openreach, so if you want to pop a ticket to us describing what your experience was I can get that actioned. Just drop me a line with the ticket number. The order is confirmed as the 29th so I don't see a problem with that, although I understand your skepticism.
Jojo Smiley
W4SIM

Hi Joanne
Thanks for looking into this, and for sharing my skepticism. I am wholly disappointed with Plusnet for allowing all this to happen given the experience i had with my other account.
Anyways, taking your advice i have raised a question to Customer Services and the number is 56849698.
If you could look at that and tell me what happens please.
Thanks.
pjb7035

I have been with PN for over a year now and have moved once......I am absolutely dreading if I have to move again  :(......3 weeks with no Broadband.
I totally understand your frustration and see clearly the problem you have had W4SIM.
Being a bit of a cynic myself I see no good in PN........I moved from BT for a cheaper service and am now paying the price for "good honest broadband from Yorkshire" because honesty is not a word that pops up in training at PN......Oh and good luck with the due date for your broadband going on  Cheesy
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Most of the problems seem to stem from communication (or lack thereof) between BTw and BTOutofReach  Roll_eyes