cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy!

patti
Grafter

Very unhappy!

I have been a loyal customer of Plusnet for quite a few years. Having just checked my Bank account I can see that Plusnet have charged me £5 more this month. I called them and they told me my contract had expired. NO reminder from them. They passed me to retentions and I asked if I could get a better deal than I have now? In short it was a 'No'! Basically I was told in a patronising way 'we are running a business here and we only offer the good deals to new customers' I am not happy with the way I was spoken to by 2 customer service people and having to pay £5 more this month because they failed to notify me my contract had ended, How many others have been caught this way. Can I remind Plusnet that yes, you are running a business, but where would you be without your loyal customers?!

10 REPLIES 10
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Very unhappy!

For new contracts your better off calling and selecting the "I'm thinking of leaving" option they are more negotiable and your likely to get a much better deal. 

As for plusnet notifing they have not done this in the past at least they never did with me they only do that now with the introduction of fixed contracts ( I am now on one after my previous one ended), I kept track of my contract by logging into my account section on the website the contract end date is on there. 

patti
Grafter

I did choose that option and that's when I was told 'No'.. I have been on a fixed contract for many years and was told I would receive a reminder when my contract was coming to an end. She told me today this is now becoming mandatory with them. Don't expect much change to your price if you have been with them for years!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @patti,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to see you had this experience with our Customer Support team and I apologise for the upset caused.

I can see you have since got in touch with our Customer Options team and had this resolved, as a side note I'd just like to let you know any contract prior to August 2018 did not have an end of contract reminder - the contract may have had fixed pricing but would have reverted to standard pricing without discounts.

Also worth checking out 3rd party website such as MSE, comparethemarket.com for a rough guide on pricing, and these prices can even be mentioned to our Options team to see if we can match them or get close in price to them as possible.

Give us a shout if you need further assistance.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

patti
Grafter

Hi Maddy, It hasn't been resolved to my liking at all. I did mention cheaper deals with other companies and that us when I was told in no uncertain terms 'NO'. So I remain on the price I have been paying, no discount at all.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

If you are out of contract and PN can't (won't) offer you a deal that you find acceptable, sign up with another ISP that will.  It's worth getting recommendations from friends if they have an ISP they are happy with, or at least reading a few recent reviews of the ISP(s) you are considering.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If I connect to the upgrade page, using a VPN then Plusnet's special offers become available!

They say they will move my phone and broadband from Plusnet to Plusnet and offer £75 cashback etc

In view of Plusnet's customer service / accounting system this would be a high-risk strategy. Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @patti.

I'm afraid that the Social Media Team are not able to amend any offers, or indeed offer re contracting options at all - it's one of the few things we can't assist with.

I can see that you've already called but your best option really is to speak with the Customer Options Team.

patti
Grafter

Thank you I will The Options team a call and see if they can help.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks @patti.

I'm sorry that we weren't able to assist further via this platform.

Please do let us know if you have any other queries - we're here from 07:30 - 22:00 daily.