Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow fibre speeds when downloading on Xbox one

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Very slow fibre speeds when downloading on Xbox one

Decided to try a download on Xbox one Fifa 16  (tried another download also very slow) demo 4.4gb , my wired connection speed to Xbox 70mb , so in theory should take roughly 10 to 12 mins for the download .
Its taking an age ( downloading via PC seems fine ) , its taking about 1 min and 7 secs per percentage , at that rate over 1hr and 40 mins `to do the download just 1.4gb.  Angry
Spoke to xbox they do not do any limiting.
i am very very  frustrated as this is the only reason i made the move from adsl.
Started download 24 mins ago , on 19 %
You are currently connected to gateway pcl-bng01
regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Very slow fibre speeds when downloading on Xbox one

Hi  I.T.Works,
i am very very  frustrated as this is the only reason i made the move from adsl.

Don't give up hope yet there's things you can try.
I'm going to hazard a guess you're using ethernet instead of WiFi (please try the former if you haven't)
Have you tried an Open NAT, forwarding the specific ports needed or a straight DMZ (realise you might now want that permanently) to see if it makes a difference?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team