cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor customer service

Yogi6

Very poor customer service

I switched to Plusnet, after bad experiences with other phone and broadband providers. I had seen their TV advert stating they were No1 in the industry for customer service and read their website stating "Award winning customer support". I had high hopes!

I run and own a customer experience training business; we offer best practice in customer service throughout the world. I have not witnessed any best practices being employed by Plusnet. Quite the reverse in fact.

I upgraded my home broadband to fibre, as with my wife and I both having to work from home, the current set-up was too slow. The engineer connected the wires at the exchange box to the wrong connections and we were without phone and broadband for three days. I complained and asked to be compensated. I was credited £2.49 and offered £25 in compensation.

The communication throughout was poor. They insisted in sending messages to me via the 'Help Assistant' within my account. They refused to email me. They said an email notification had been sent to my email, which it hadn't.

Also, I agreed a monthly payment of £25.99 and in November 2020 I was charged £29.83. I logged into my account and looked at the bill. The breakdown of the charges shows 14 transactions (credits and debits) and none of them are the amount I agreed to pay.

I have just learned that they are now part of BT, so that explains the poor attitude and the complicated bill. I await a reply regarding the billing and have referred my complaint for compensation to the Ombudsman after requesting a deadlock letter.

Anyone else having the same problems?

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Very poor customer service

Yogi6

I really didn't have time but thank you for links.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry about the poor experience you've had with us, I can see that my colleague Mark has been handling the complaint for you, you can respond to that by following this link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=207338820

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
allrounder55
Dabbler

Get CISAS involved there a telecommunications ombudsman, you may have already contacted them as you mention ombudsman. They cant even be bothered to respond to my issues, so ive gone with another provider now, it was my own stupid fault i fell into the trap of this so called fantastic customer support, so i signed up with them it was pretty good for about 12 months but the last 6 months since covid 19 there has been a dramatic drop in the quality of there service, its got that bad for me as ive just given up on trying to fix my issues, as im wasting my time,id say probably about the same as talktalk and there one of the worst. We know all these cheaper providers are piggy backing off BT, so its a sub standard service you only get what you pay for in this game, my old saying you pay peanuts you get monkeys.