cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very minor niggle.

Stevef1
Grafter

Very minor niggle.

Plusnet, why do you use horrible American dates in your emails?   Surely you are a British company?  why use yankee date format?

Yes it's a very very minor thing but still, It bugs me a tiny bit that I have to "decode" a date in your emails, rather than know at a glance what it is.

10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Very minor niggle.

Thanks for bringing it up, 

I've passed on your feedback about that. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I've checked a few of my emails from PN and the dates, both in the header and the body of the email, are in the usual dd/mm/yy format.  This includes billing, promotional, and renewal offer ones.  Or are you referring to the PN email service (which I don't use)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've checked a few recent received Plusnet emails (both billing and support) and the date format in mine is neither American (mm-dd-yyyy) as reported by @Stevef1, or English (dd/mm/yy) as seen by @Jonpe !.

The dates in the text of the messages I have are in International format :  yyyy-mm-dd

Personally I am happy with English or International formats,  but NOT American.  Roll_eyes

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I believe the emails referred to are in the format @Anonymous mentions, so YYYY-MM-DD, however we should be trying to use consistent formats so Adam has flagged this up.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Chris wrote:

..................., however we should be trying to use consistent formats so Adam has flagged this up.

I far prefer the International format yyyy-mm-dd.  Hope this becomes THE standard.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I prefer the military format 15 Nov 2017 rather than 15/11/2017

works in folder names in Dos/Windows as well 

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 64

I prefer the "logical" way of expressing a date....  as in ...  today the date is the Fifteenth of November in the year 2017

i.e.  15:11:2017  or  15/11/2017 ( not to be confused with 15/11/17 [1917] )    or  dd/mm/yyyy

and I think that most of the "official" forms and documents. presented to the members of the United Kingdom follow this rule.

just a thought... why don`t we also have a "Thumbs down" icon as well as the "like"  "thumbs up" icon...  ? ? ? ?  

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@shutter wrote:

just a thought... why don`t we also have a "Thumbs down" icon as well as the "like"  "thumbs up" icon...  ? ? ? ?  

Surely there are enough petty arguments on the forum without adding fuel to the fire?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
gofaster
Rising Star

There is an international standard for date formats

https://xkcd.com/1179/

Very few people use it.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Interesting; I was involved with ISOs in '88 but that one passed me by.

Seems like a good idea - and one I've always used for files and folders on a PC to keep things in date order.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)