cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very dissatisfied

Arno

Very dissatisfied

I joined Plusnet as I was informed you are very serious about customer service and pride yourselves on it. Why is it not the case with me?
Firstly I upgraded my account to your fibre package as my current plusnet broadband line is terrible. Slow speeds beyond believe and after 8pm every night I get massive packet loss. So much so that I can not do any online gaming at all, honestly none as I end up with 7000ms latency and then disconnect. This is the case with 3 different online games I am subscribed to and has been the case since beginning June. Streaming any movie from the Netflix or similar service requires me to buffer for ages. For example last night I had it buffering for 20 minutes and even then I was not able to watch the entire film without needing more buffering. I eventually gave up and watched normal tv.
Back to my main issue. So I placed my order online and patiently waited for my installation date to arrive but no one turns up at the property on the date suggested by the online order system. I then call you asking where your engineer is. You then kindly tell me the order was never placed online despite you seeing the payment taken from my account for this order. After some time arguing this I am told that the online order system has messed it up and the order never really went through to your engineers and you apologise. Thank you for this but now telling me that my order will take another 2 weeks to get done is ridiculous. This means in the 2 months I have had broadband I can't use it as intended due to a problem on the current line. Instead of me complaining I try to resolve it by upgrading to your highest package available and you don't seem to care at all that I have to wait this long due to errors at your end.
I am in 2 minds whether I should even continue with this 18 month commitment as the last woman I spoke with really could not be bothered to even try and get this order pushed forward or to a more convenient day for me despite me telling her I as a contractor lose business when I am not working and me taking time from work to be at the property when it suits her is not always in my best interest....especially not now.
I just wanted to voice my dissatisfaction.
16 REPLIES 16
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Very dissatisfied

Welcome to the forum.  Most people have no problems at all with installation, you seem to have been unlucky.  A friend of mine signed up to PN recently and was really surprised at the excellent service provided.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Arno,
Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.
I have checked your account and can see there was an error with the order, I can only apologise for this as I appreciate this must be very frustrating. This is not an experience that we want you to have as one of our customers.
There is no way of bringing the appointment forward before the provisional date unfortunately. With the poor weather conditions at the moment it has lead to our supplier prioritising faults over provision, so this does affects our ability to bring this forward.
We can certainly get the fibre installed for you, and I can personally keep an eye on your account to make sure everything is goes OK.
Arno

Thank you,
I guess I have no other option then do I? I will have to continue switching between the intermittent PS broadband and my costly mobile tethering until you get the engineer over to install.
Still not happy as the same service for less money is available elsewhere with the same install dates. I could go there but they might mess things up as well so it's probably best I try it out here seeing as you will be looking to see if all goes according to plan.
I assume you don't know why I am getting this random packet loss issue across all my machines past 8pm? With this issue resolved I can easily carry on using it till the install date.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, Arno
I will watch your account closely to make sure everything is OK and goes ahead for the scheduled appointment date, again apologies, and hopefully our future customer service and fibre products will go some way to rectifying it.
In regards to the packet loss, I have tested your line and everything is running fine on there, you seem to be experiencing packet loss at peak times, do you experience them at any other time?
Your exchange appears to be approaching it's capacity and this can affect your line during peak times, please take a look at your <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/">exchange information</a> which will detail this for you.
As I mentioned everything with your line is as it should be and I will certainly keep an eye on your account to make sure there are no hiccups with your order.
Chris
Arno

Hi Chris,
Yes the issue seems to be during peak hours. Weekends are also problematic.
Will the fibre line be of any help here or is the capacity issue affecting fibre too?
Thanks for all the help.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Arno,
It does appear that due to heavy traffic you are experiencing performance issues during peak times.
Fiber is definitely the way forward, it will provide a much superior service to help counter this, firstly the faster speeds, but also fibre technology can cope with heavier traffic loads.
So this should give you a service where you have speeds that will NOT affect your internet activity/performance during peak hours.
I'll keep you posted on your order too.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I am still monitoring your order, it still hasn't completed yet, I am hopeful it will complete prior to the original date, I will keep checking and update you again.
Chris
Arno

Thank you Chris. I do appreciate your time with this.
I have taken the day off work for this Thursday to be home for the engineer visit.
Please do let me know if you can not attend so I don't take a day off for no reason.
Thanks
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just checked your order and everything is still set for tomorrow. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Err, today is Tuesday the 24th, tomorrow is Wednesday and Thursday is the 26th. Sounds like someone might have got mixed up?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes, my bad schoolboy error and all that Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Arno

Thanks for updating me Adam.
I look forward to the engineer visit tomorrow.
I am yet to receive anything in the mail. I was under the impression that some items were to be sent out to me before his visit.
Not really a massive issue as I am sure I can buy the modem etc if that's the item I am supposed to receive in the mail.
Let me know and I can pick one up tonight from the local pc store
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll be honest with you, from looking at your account it looks like ordering a router has been overlooked I'm afraid.
The installation engineer will provide the modem but I'd advise obtaining a router yourself unless you want me to order one now but it may take a couple of days to reach you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Arno

Adam,
I was only concerned about a fibre modem.
I have a router so no problem at all. Looks like we are all set then.
Thank you for the quick response. Much appreciated.
dick:quote