cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Very Very Disappointed

hkdragon

Very Very Very Disappointed

I was using Talktalk broadband for 3 years than orange for 1.5 years than O2 for 2 years and now I moved to Plusnet for 3 weeks but I had enough and want to go.
When I last using O2, my speed is 6.2mb download and 1.1mb upload and now with Plusnet is 4.3mb download & 0.3mb upload but when I complaint last week my download speed go down to 3.8mb and stayed there.
And then now they try to sell me the fibre (don't want to solve the problem but want me to spend more money), this make me feel that they use a cheaper price to attract me in and then cap me in a slower speed. If I complaint then they will say noting they can do, the only way is move to Fibre, if I want to cancel, then I need to pay £65.  >:(So eveyone BE careful if you want to join Plusnet.
PS: Talktalk speed I got was 4.7mb download & 0.5 upload (2007)
Orange was 5.5mb download & 0.8 upload (2009)
O2 was 6.2mb download & 1.1mb upload (2011) with the same Thomson router.
21 REPLIES 21
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Very Very Very Disappointed

There may be a simple explanation for this - which exchange are you on?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
hkdragon

Wolverton, Milton Keynes. Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That doesn't seem to be the reason
Can you post the stats from your router - speeds, noise margin and attenuation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

all their previouse ISP's were  LLU
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Jim and I were guessing that and that WBC wasn't available on their exchange hence the big difference - but it's not that.
Next step as Jim said is to look at the router stats.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

From a staff point of view we are sorry to hear that you feel that way. The last thing we want is for you to feel like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. It does seem that this situation is due to your line conditions and the difference of speeds between the technologies available to you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hkdragon

Quote from: Oldjim
That doesn't seem to be the reason
Can you post the stats from your router - speeds, noise margin and attenuation

I don't know where I can find the stats from my Thomson router but I found the follows:
DSL Connection  
Link Information

Uptime: 2 days, 22:50:45

DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 5,208

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/MB]: 3.77 / 474.14

hkdragon

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
From a staff point of view we are sorry to hear that you feel that way. The last thing we want is for you to feel like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. It does seem that this situation is due to your line conditions and the difference of speeds between the technologies available to you.

Thanks Adam but I don't think is the line condition problem as I had very good speed before (since 2007), but now with PN, my download speed drop 30% and upload speed drop 70%, what do you feel? And also the CS told me that all PN customer upload speed are cap at 0.4mb, is that true?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks Adam but I don't think is the line condition problem as I had very good speed before (since 2007)

I'll take another look ASAP but that's what I gathered.
that all PN customer upload speed are cap at 0.4mb, is that true?

Not entirely true but it is the case for most residential customers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cuthbert15

mine has done exactly the same, except im getting about 6mb through download and only like 0,2 upload its pathetic... i am a pretty serious gamer and its just impossible to game with these crap speeds... sort your selves out plusnet
hkdragon

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'll take another look ASAP but that's what I gathered.

What's wrong?? My download speed go down to 2.8mb and stayed there for two days already Angry  please don't CAP my speed  Sad
dick:green Quote tags fixed.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@hkdragon
I've taken a look at your account and can't see that you've reported this to our faults team? Can you visit faults.plus.net and run through the diagnostics there, this will pass the fault over to our faults team for investigation.
@cuthbert15
As above, if the support team aren't informed that you're having a problem then they can't help to resolve it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hkdragon

Thanks Chris, I had already reported this since 3 weeks ago (called 5 to 6 times in last 2 weeks) and I had been patient and polite all the time but they just tried to use all the excuses they can to stop my complaint (they treat me like a kid or never use broadband before or an idiot)  >:(, even I requested I want to leave, they just don't care and arranged the MAC code for me straight away (What a Customer Service!)
After my last complaint my speed now go down from 3.8mb  to 2.8mb since friday and I receiced the MAC code yesterday, so Chris what should I do now?(All doors are locked except the exit door,, are you willing to open another door for me please :'()
Adie:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you actually raised a low speed fault by visiting https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults rather than simply calling the CSC? The fault report provides diagnostic results for the Faults Team to investigate.
David