Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Unhappy Customer

gstrickland
Grafter

Very Unhappy Customer

I guess you must get a lot of posts of this nature, so here another  Grin
We've been with Plusnet for quite some while and it all started off pretty good. However, our Internet has now painfully slow for months (although the speed tests all show we are getting 3mb/768) and we've had a bad telephone line for mouths. Unfortunately the rubbish router Plusnet provided doesn't provide any statistics of value to show the errors.
We have reported the problems to Plusnet before and they cant find a problem and they say everything looks normal and next they want to send in an engineer to our property. This is totally ridiculous as nothing has changed internally at all. Instead Plusnet should be focusing on the local exchange where I am convinced they will find that our ADSL line card has degraded to a point where our services are unusable.
We would of course consider FTTC, but as an existing customer the deals are not competitive with the others. Quite frankly we are dissed enough now to throw in the towel and move to another provider.
To rub salt into the wound, Plusnet have called us twice now trying to sell us additional products and "tweeks" Grin
Not a chance Plusnet. If you can't provide a decent service now, I am hardly likely to buy more of the same!
8 REPLIES 8
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Very Unhappy Customer

Hi gstrickland,
I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving such poor service. I've taken a look at your line and I can see that there's been a history of disconnections, this is proven by the poor line quality.
I've attached a few details surrounding your line. It's banded which is why I believe the line has suffered from a number of disconnections, I aren't able to explain why the connection has dropped, but I would assume it's due to an excessive number of errors on your line.
This is totally ridiculous as nothing has changed internally at all. Instead Plusnet should be focusing on the local exchange where I am convinced they will find that our ADSL line card has degraded to a point where our services are unusable.

How can you be sure that the problem lays with the Line Card? The fault could quite possibly be caused by a Copper Joint, Poor Pair Quality or even a badly, degraded drop wire. There's quite a lot to faults and more points of failure than you might think. Sending an engineer out to your property is to ensure that the fault is fully investigated E2E (End to End). Engineers require access to test from your socket, this is part of their process, if we've requested an engineer to visit, it's usually for good reason.
If you'd like for us to investigate further/again, you can do this at http://faults.plus.net
gstrickland
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
How can you be sure that the problem lays with the Line Card?

Mainly because I was a Cisco CCIE with more then 20 years experience. I have diagnosed 100's if not 1,000's of both voice and data problems on BT's own backbone network  Wink
It's not rocket science.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I agree, it's not rocket science.
That said, I'm not sure it's possible to identify a fault without having tested with BT's testing equipment and visually inspecting the equipment to know that it's that, specifically that's faulty.
As mentioned above, if you'd like for us to investigate again, please raise a fault and we'll look into it for you.
gstrickland
Grafter

Thanks.
As your records will should show BT have visited our house before and declared everything OK - although they did change the master socket (NTE5).
I am not sure I can really be ar*ed to keep going through the same old procedure every single time there is a problem with the service. I mean how many visits does it take and how many times do they have to examine the wiring in the house?
I am considering my options as I am simply not prepared to pay good money for a internet and telephone service that just don't work as they should.
dick:quote
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

It took five visits over 10 months before Openreach swapped me to a new E Pair, since then I have had no issues
IDan.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Appreciate where you're coming from - if you would like us to investigate as above, let me know, I'd be happy to help.
flexo1966
Grafter

Hi gstrickland
Boy can I see where you are coming from.
I have just started out on my adventure with all my phone sockets disabled since my broadband was turned on. But believe me when I tell you that this is the tip of the iceberg.
For me its 9 weeks and counting with no end in sight. My next complaint will be that I was told that my connection rate would be 63.3 meg, as of just now....38.52 meg. Maybe there maths is as good as there phone service.
Steve
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Steve,
I totally understand you've been left in a frustrating situation here.
I've picked this issue up as per our original conversation and I'm yet to receive a formal response re the complaint to Openreach.
I'm expecting this soon, sorry I can't be any more specific.
I'll be staying on top of this issue until it's sorted and I'll be in touch as soon as we have the next update.
Following that we'll sort out a good will gesture for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team