Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Happy , What about a loyalty present

OldCrone
Grafter

Very Happy , What about a loyalty present

Hi,
I have been with plusnet for over 7 years (since the village got connected) , I have never had a free router etc etc. Do you think loyalty should be rewarded, or is that just 'old hat' and I am daft for entertaining such notions? Smiley
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Very Happy , What about a loyalty present

you can have a free router for the price of the postage and packing but you have to stay for 12 months afterwards otherwise you get charged for it
Not applicable

Just a year longer than me Old Crone and no, you are not daft at all.  Time was that we used to get such perks as a new router or so much off our bill for 3 months but now things are different.
I reckon that you definitely deserve a new router at least so I hope that one of the staff will pick this up and send you one for Christmas.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

And why should the people who live near Sheffield get every thing Undecided Lips_are_sealed Huh Angry
soon be 12 years for me
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...or the people who live in Sheffield get nothing even after 7 years Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If they are really lucky they get time off for good behaviour - runs and hides quickly  Lips_are_sealed
Strat
Community Veteran

A blizzard on you my friend Wink
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
Old Crone,
We can't offer you routers for free I'm afraid, if we did I'm sure this thread would be inundated with other long standing customer's expecting the same.
Your loyalty is much appreciated all the same and as I would advise any happy customer of ours looking for rewards don't forget our referral scheme. Smiley
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This always seemed daft to me. If you are a new customer who has contibuted nothing  to PlusNet sucess you get a free router. If you have stuck with them through good times and bad (and there has been a lot of bad times) you don't get a bean. So much for loyalty.
Strat
Community Veteran

...it's because they're worth it Wink Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you have stuck with them through good times and bad (and there has been a lot of bad times) you don't get a bean. So much for loyalty.

The longer you stay with us the more opportunities you have to refer. Are you aware that we do have some customers that have referred so heavily they don't actually pay us for their services?
I'll stop banging my drum now, my drumsticks have nearly worn down Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Adam, I don't think you have grasped the point. Referring is us working for you and providing you with more custom not PlusNet rewarding customers for loyalty. By the way had two TT reps call on Sunday during lunch so was not best pleased. However, they were offering free BB if you took up their phone for £15ppm.
john50
Grafter

50p off your monthly bill for each year up to a maximum of say 5 years= £2.50 per month loyalty saving.
Worth it on both sides I would have thought
Not applicable

Referring is us working for you and providing you with more custom not PlusNet rewarding customers for loyalty.

For me there is a lot of truth in this.  Last year I even traveled about 80 or so miles to the east coast to set one up as the elderly gentleman was new to computers and was not able to install security and set up the broadband by himself.  All my referrals have been good customers and have not had any of them leave.  None of them have had to call in for advice or help as I have set them all up and if they have any problems they call me so yes, I 'earn' my referral money and Force 9 benefits by this.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Adam, I don't think you have grasped the point.

Hey George, yes obviously referrals are there to benefit us but primarily they are in place to benefit the customer.
Referring is us working for you and providing you with more custom not PlusNet rewarding customers for loyalty.

This is completely true bit its a negative way of looking at things, referrals are there for you and do benefit you too.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team