Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value on 21CN

Hary
Grafter

Value on 21CN

I am on Value and have received the dreaded email from PN saying
"We will be switching your service over to this new network and there will be no need to change any settings on your ADSL modem/router. You will remain on the same 'up to 8Mbps'
As I don't intend to upgrade to Extra this really is of no benefit to me, I am happy with my current speed which is over the estimate, and really don't need the problems this change over is likely to cause.
Has any one else contacted PN and asked to remain on their existing ADSL?
54 REPLIES 54
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Value on 21CN

Hi there,
I'll check for an order against your account and get it cancelled in that case so you can stay on 20CN.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Hary
Grafter

Thank you very much.
I did wonder whether this was a BT thing, for some reason transferring all broadband to 21CN.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem. Just to confirm I've cancelled the order off now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: Hary
Thank you very much.
I did wonder whether this was a BT thing, for some reason transferring all broadband to 21CN.

I think it's an ISP thing!
I don't know the exact figures but it is cheaper for an ISP to provide broadband over 21CN compared to 20CN, I assume the BT charges to the ISP are less and some of that saving could be passed onto the end user if the ISP so wishes.
For example some of them offer more GBs usage per month on 21CN for a similar cost to that for a smaller GB usage on 20CN.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@Hary,
Sorry to piggy back on your thread but I too got the dreaded email yesterday ( well actually I didn't get an email but there was a ticket on my account!)
Like you, there's currently no way I want to go anywhere near 21CN at the moment. Maybe in Sept onwards if we get better control over the DLM.

@Adam,
I've replied to my ticket saying I don't want to be moved, but can you check that the order has been cancelled. Thanks.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To take away some of the worry
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81906.0.html
Hi there,
When we move a customer to ADSL on 21CN (ie not ADSL2, or 2+) they get the same DLM as on 20CN, and the user experience should remain the same.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

and the user experience should remain the same.

Yes Jim, but why take the risk!. You certainly get transferred from a DSLAM to a MSAN and that involves BT doing some jumpering...
According to Dave ( http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,86875.0.html ), following the DLM trials BT are hopefully going to introduce some form of system to allow ISP's control of the DLM later this year. I think I'll just hang on till that gets established and then think about upgrading to Extra to gain the benefit of a speed increase.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

I certainly haven't seen any difference on my somewhat dodgy line
Edit - because it hasn't happened yet  Embarrassed
Not applicable

Am I missing something here? I was told that I couldn't have this as I too use Value.  Was told it was only available for higher level accounts.  Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend

We are discussing 21CN which supports ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+
The latter two are only available on the more expensive products and give the higher potential speeds whereas ADSL is the same on 20CN and 21CN
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Jim Iwas told by Bob P recently that Value stay on 20 CN,  I asked as my exchange was changed to 21 CN March and FTTC is Due Sept
My reason I am on THN AG2  and did not get affected on the mucking around
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Service notice | ID: SN******  Closed
11:06am, Thursday 10th June 2010
An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.
The date this work is expected to be completed is 28/06/2010 (Commit Date).
This means the date the transfer will complete will be after 12pm on 29/06/2010.
I thought it had happened earlier  Embarrassed
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

We'll await the results of your move with interest then Jim Roll_eyes

Oldjim
Resting Legend

So do I - I am running routerstats continuously so I will have a good idea