cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU not updating

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

VMBU not updating

VMBU hasn't updated since the early hours of Saturday morning.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: VMBU not updating

Since around 2am Saturday? If so that corresponds with your current connection, can you try a disconnect/reconnect and see if it starts coming back through?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

I'm not seeing any usage ATM, it stopped working for me on approximately 18-19 October (approx. 14-15 days ago), and I haven't had a new connection which coincides with that start date.  Everything was working fine during the first few days of my present connection (showing as over 20 days connected at present).
What I'm seeing is
Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment.
This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing period.
It can take up to 4 hours for your usage to show up - please try again later.
If you have any questions about your usage, please see our View My Broadband Usage FAQ or contact our Support Team.

Chris
Legend

If usage isn't appearing it's always worth a disconnect/reconnect as a first port of call to resolve it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Chris
If usage isn't appearing it's always worth a disconnect/reconnect as a first port of call to resolve ...

I'd read that in the past although I didn't want the bother of disconnecting and the possibility of a gateway-hopping session as the connection/gateway I was on (ptw-bng01) seemed to be running satisfactorily.
As it happens, but bearing in mind that VMBU stopped working part way through a connection session, I thought I'd better take your advice before continuing to say it wasn't working.  However, when I went to do so I noticed that my connection was on 4+ hours 'Up Time' so clearly I had been disconnected (now on pcl-ag07).  Adding the new connection 'Up Time' to the timing of your reply gives the present time, so the disconnection just happens to coincide with your reply  Roll_eyes
To conclude, VMBU is still not working for me.
Chris
Legend

I was going to test your line (muscle memory clicking on certain things) but thought I'd stopped it before it went through, sorry it didn't Sad
I can see usage showing on your VMBU page now.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

No worries Chris, thanks anyway, and yes I can now see some usage for today.  I'm not sure when that would have started as I hopped a few Gateways when I noticed my latency had increased quite a bit according to my TBB BQM graph.
It took quite hit at the time of you disconnecting me at around 9:25 am today, and even though I managed to get back on to my original Gateway the latency is not as low as it was, and there are quite a few spikes and dropped packets even without me downloading anything.  Compare pre 9:25 am with post 9:25 am.
Looks like more Gateway hopping to be done  Wink
Edit:  I just realised the dropped packets (downward red spikes on the graph) were at the times of disconnecting  Embarrassed