cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU gone mad, support not helping!

vladivar

VMBU gone mad, support not helping!

I am long term "lite" user, normally around 2 GB per month. Last Saturday I noticed that my speed dropped down to a mere 100k. On Sunday it did not improve, so I eventually checked the VMBU tool and got shocked that it clocked up over 10 GB in the last 2 weeks - and so my connection was put under heavy traffic prioritization.
I have not used much internet  (certainly no more than usual), and I am confident that all my computers are fully secured and patched, including the wireless network, so I can rule out any virus, spyware or hijacked network.  I reported the issue to the support on Sunday evening (29th March) that I suspected the issue is with VMBU. Next day they provided an internal log for  20th March shows less than a 1 MB of usage, while VMBU clocked 1.3 GB on that day. I have also switched off the router completely, but the VMBU was still clocking up GBs... The VMBU data are obviously nothing to do with my actual usage.
Since there was no any more feedback from the support, I phoned on Tuesday evening to request the VMBU reset, and the advisor sent another internal message to request the same, but so far, 96 hours since I raised the ticket, nothing has been done.
I also phone during the day in the last couple of days, but failed to get any meaningful help (the last advisor being outright rude  >:()
So if anyone from Plus reading this, please do something about it. I cannot accept that my broadband service has been almost completely unusable in the last week due to no fault of my own and Plusnet is still not reseting my VMBU data.
My patience is running over...
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: VMBU gone mad, support not helping!

Hi there,
Sorry about the problems you've been having. I've taken a look at your account and it definitely seems that something's amiss. I've updated your ticket and given things a bit of a nudge from this side, so hopefully we should be able to get to the bottom of this before too long.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: VMBU gone mad, support not helping!

OK, this should be fixed now. Reboot your router and keep an eye on the situation over the next couple of weeks.
Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵