cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU - How Can I Tell Anymore?

thejudge
Rising Star

VMBU - How Can I Tell Anymore?

I raised a ticket because my usage figures had been AWOL for months.
After the first reply (which was irrelevant because it was about the current problem of some people's accounts showing too much usage), I sent it back for further investigation. I've now had a reply as follows:
"...because of the age of the account the systems that the usage system now rely on are not available on this account type.
"The usage system used to track using the older system which are no longer in use and have been retired.
"In order track your usage you would need to upgrade your account to our newer packages which have different components for our tracking systems then your current account."

So, given that I don't want to 'upgrade' my account, how am I supposed to know if/when I'm approaching my monthly limit? Do I have to wait until my account gets throttled?
I'm not very impresed by this...
21 REPLIES 21
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: VMBU - How Can I Tell Anymore?

Moved to Feedback because I am not impressed at all - mostly because I hope it is plain wrong
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I share your concerns on this set of responses from Plusnet Jim.
If true, it suggests that whilst still charging at the higher rate for an older account, Plusnet are now unable to support all of the functionality originally delivered.  Very odd and not expected of Plusnet who normally have great flexibility in migrating Users with Legacy functions to the new packages.
Hopefully the  CRT will pick up this thread and provide a definitive answer.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

it doesn't sound good, agree with that.
but in thejudge's favour if they can't measure and don't know what he's using then that's in his favour as it's effectively unlimited..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm not aware of the issue on the first post, we certainly do still have usage functionality on older accounts as I'm sure some of the posters in the forum can confirm.
I'm not sure why your usage isn't showing as everything on your account looks set correctly. I've sent an email to someone (they aren't in until next week and I'm off next week!) to find out what's going on. When I've got a response I'll let you know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Nice one Dvorak Grin  But somehow the Billing system seems to be excluded from this largesse that affects the VMBU.  One of my accounts is still on a Legacy tariff (Idleness whilst local Fibre upgrade pending)  but two months ago the exchange got upgraded, I now get 16 Meg rather than 4 Meg and so the 2Gig limit got busted very quickly!  Shortly followed by the email warning and a bill Cry
Fibre upgrade now in process  Grin Grin
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Ta Chris
Don't often look at VMBU these days, but having been prompted - it looks OK
M

thejudge
Rising Star

Thanks Chris, I'll stay tuned.
thejudge
Rising Star

Bump.
Anything to report on this, Chris?
joclark
Grafter

Hi, I have spoken to Chris and there is no current update yet available we are still looking in to it.
I understand that you may not want to upgrade in to a new contract, however we do a monthly rolling contract which does not tie you in to a new contract, we could be able to save some money in the process.  The package is Unlimited this on a monthly rolling contract is £14.99 per month, if you would like any further information on this, please contact me.
Thanks
Jo
peterdevine

I have just noticed this 'problem' on my Plusnet Value account which is one which gives unlimited access between 12 midnight and 8.00am plus 10GB at other times.  Being retired this suits me fine and I mainly use the facility to download iplayer programmes for viewing off-line.  I changed to Plusnet several years ago because of this option and I don't see anything currently being offered which matches the low cost of that service?
Peter
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Whilst we don't have a product of that price any more, for a few pounds more we do have the Unlimited (all day) account which may be of value to you. Also, if fibre is available in your area
(you can check here) it's highly recommended.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
coolj
Dabbler

Hi,
This is a real pain for me.  My current contract at 60gb a month is pretty much perfect.  On occasion I might run over but I'm happy to spend the extra £5 for 5gb as it always happens very close to the monthly bill date and the alternative is £8/£9 extra every month to have unlimited.
You say you are looking into it but this has been a problem for over a year now and it seems to me that no work or progress is being done.  Nobody is able to give a update except for "we're looking into it".  I don't buy that anymore, not after such a long time.  If the answer is : "we aren't going to fix it because it impacts such a small % percentage of our user base and will be disproportionally expensive to resolve". I could understand and accept that - others may not, but I understand how support works and it has to remain financially viable.  Having said that, if any of my customers had a problem for such a long time with no resolution or information forthcoming then I'd be paying crazy level of service credits.  Clearly, Plusnet don't run a service credit regime attached to their service but the least you could do is give us some information and be open and honest about it.
Right now I have just been informed that I have used just over 56gb of data with 2days to go.  The suggested offering of giving me usage when I ask for it doesn't work because the turn around time is too slow.  I can't plan my usage on this basis and I'll be very annoyed this time to go over the limit as I can wait those two days to do any high data usage activities.
Please, can you just tell us what is going on and be open about it.  Perhaps then we can work out how to best manage it.
Thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Although it's not visible to you, your usage is visible to Plusnet staff.
I'd suggest to ring in or raise tickets on a regular basis to ask for your current usage.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I thought that if it does not show on the user's usage meter in the portal, then it is not billed.
Would CRT like to confirm or deny this please?

Kevin