Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT invoice

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: VAT INVOICE

It amazes me that Plusnet claim to provide a business grade service at all. The only practical difference between residential and business broadband is the provision of VAT receipts (although in my case they can't even do that after more than 2 months). There is a faster response time for phone faults (but not broadband faults), but as many businesses only have the line for broadband (such as me) that is really not any advantage.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I must confess that if my livelihood depended on a reliable telecoms service I would not use a budget ISP. I am however surprised to learn that many businesses do not use telephones

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

corringham
Seasoned Champion

I know of quite a few (like mine) that only use mobiles, as the owners are themselves mobile rather than being office-bound.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

I am however surprised to learn that many businesses do not use telephones

Depends what you mean by telephones. We use them in the office of course, but not the via the landline, it's a VOIP system. The landline (well 2 actually) is primarily there to provide the 80/20 FTTC services to support the VOIP and other services. OK, so the landline is still a fail-over in case we lose both FTTC linesSmiley

@Baldrick1 Agree with you on the budget ISP and business though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

I also agree on the folly of using a budget ISP for business use. I won't make that mistake again even though I don't need a business level SLA, so on paper Plusnet's offering looks suitable. However, remember that even if you are not a business if you work from home Plusnet expect you to use a business account - which then stops you having Plusnet TV, so their business accounts aren't actually useful for anyone. If you don't have a business but work from home, Plusnet don't actually have an appropriate account at all.