cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utterly Appalling Service

JoBee

Utterly Appalling Service

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
I ordered a house move service -  for the day after I moved. I work from home and so broadband & phone are vital.  The order got shifted by 1 day and to the alternate time-slot without any consultation. Waited all morning on the new due day. No engineer -  BT Wholesale screwed up my phone line and fibre broadband order (they failed to assign an engineer so although the order was in the system nothing happened). When I chased I then had to wait 5 days for a new appointment - today. Engineer arrived installed phone-line and when I aked about broadband he looked blank. It transpired that the fibre broadband hadn't been ordered so I have a phone line but no internet.  Further  calls to customer service - with epic waits  result in a date of  24th August at the earliest but as I am unable to do that date I wont get broadband until September unless the service team can expedite it which they are not hopeful of because fibre broadband apparently cant be expedited!
Is there any way to fix this or should I just take my account to Virgin media? I have a contact who works on the Birmingham Post I'm very tempted to phone and create some publicity - its the silly season and there isn't much happening......
So much for cheaper provision  without compromised service levels
And they say "We received a score of 72% in the latest Which? Broadband Customer Satisfaction Survey" hahahahahah ..........................
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Utterly Appalling Service

Hi JoBee,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Sorry to hear of your problems.
Sadly BT Openreach failed appointments are legion, it seems that there are a high number of no shows or late unilateral cancelation / rescheduling of appointments.  There was a report in here within the last week of BTOR cancelling the appointment after 23:00 for the following day, clearly giving PlusNET no opportunity to inform the user.
I know it is difficult to believe but ISPs have about zero influence over BTOR's behaviour; I've been waiting since 21st May for a line provision, BTOR did a survey and identified a tree needed cutting to access their pole.  They have been totally unable to get an act together on this.  2x emails to CEO BT Plc and BTOR have gone unanswered, albeit they opened the way to esclations routes for PlusNET, who have pushed the case hard, but the man at BTOR still does not have a plan.
Unfortunately when BTOR screws up they frequently cancel the original SIM order to take over a wirking line, which then has to be replaced by a line provide followed by a broadband provide.  This does create too much opportunity for manual error.  Clearly you need facts from plusnet.
If you do engage the press please do make sure that they clearly focus on BTOR's failure to deliver to the original plan, which was the trigger for this litany of failure and also get them to lambaste Ofcom who appear to have no interest in sorting out such problems.  They are quite clear that they will not investigate individual complaints, rather just record them for stats.  They are very much part of the problem, not the solution.
Just one word of caution, PlusNet's residential T&Cs do not permit business use of the service.  If you are so dependent on the service, you ought to be on the business tarrif which has better support.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

@ Kevin - This looks like an ordering issue with BT Wholesale and poor communication from Plusnet to me, rather than anything to do with Openreach.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Andy,
Anything is possible - we will not know until PN update the thread.
It does seem a constant theme that things go very wrong after a failed appointment.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.