cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless Service.

DpOgburn
Dabbler

Useless Service.

I have been a Plusnet customer for over over 9 years, due to issues with speed and problems with my webspace i have discovered how [Censored] the customer service is. which is a shame, this is a company that i held in High Regard in the past because the customer service was Brilliant. But no they have chosen a route over quantity over quality, I have now been trying to cancel my service for over 3 weeks and they are making it as awkward as hell for me, i have asked for a Mac code on several occasions and they will not supply it unless i write to them now. i expect cancellation from the first request as a reply from them confirms. Its a shame that yet another great british product goes down the pan.
jim:orange title changed as the previous one fell foul of the word censor - if you want to use a more appropriate acceptable word please change it mod:end
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Useless Service.

Want to cancel?
Please call our Customer Options team on 0845 140 6002. We're here 9:00am to 5:30pm Mon – Fri (except Bank Holidays)
DpOgburn
Dabbler

I cant ring between them times, as my job does not allow me to have a phone between my usual working hours. i dont get home till 6pm. too late.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You have my sympathies although fat lot of help that is  Sad
DpOgburn
Dabbler

you should be able to cancel a service when you wish too. not be told that you have to write to them becuse they cant be arsed too respond to it. making it awkward to cancel. i expect my cancellation to take effect from the first responded request. they have had over their 10 days written nonitce as per customer support conditions., i am effectivly out of of contract, email is written, does not specify letter.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I wonder how many customers they would get if they adopted the same attitude to singing up i.e having to write in?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

email is written, does not specify letter.

dont know where you sent the e-mail as none are given for cancellation only phone and letter
You can either:
  1. Call our Customer Options Team on: 0845 140 6002. Lines are open between 9.00am-5.30pm on weekdays (except Bank Holidays).
  2. Write to us at:

Plusnet Plc, Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY

We'll then make sure that within 5 working days there's a Question on your account containing:
    * Your MAC Key
    * How long you can use the key to move to a new provider
    * Which broadband service the key will let you move
Note: we can't reply to cancellation requests made using the Help Assistant. Please contact our Customer Options team on the telephone number above who will be able to deal with your query.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

DpOgburn,
Just to throw out a lifeline (assuming its not too late)...
issues with speed and problems with my webspace

I don't mind taking ownership of supporting you through these issues until we've resolved them, otherwise let me know if there's any other issues you'd like me to look at for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team