cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Recording

klyne
Grafter

Usage Recording

I have noticed when I check 'My Usage' the daily usage is not shown on the week view but is on the monthly view. Thought you would like to know.
David
23 REPLIES 23
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Usage Recording

no problem on mine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for flagging it up, we're raising a problem now as that seems very odd.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

It is on mine, but as klyne says it only affects the week view and not the monthly summary. I'm guessing at this stage that it only affects accounts that have their usage calculated from the Ellacoya accounting systems (metered accounts have their usage taken from one of our RADIUS databases instead).
I've raised an internal problem (ref: 61222) to have this looked into. Could possibly be an unwanted product of the clocks moving forward over the weekend.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

tepeethetroll

This aint a complaint, but I am a tad curious. When looking at my monthly usage stats earlier on I noticed that I had usage figures that related to three days during the month when I was away from home and the PC wasn't even switched on. The amounts are fairly miniscule, so I'm not particularly bothered, but I would like to know what the cause is.

PS.  Is there a search button anywhere on these forums.......dont want to go over stuff thats already been discussed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is back scatter from the router.
Search button is second from the left on the top menu bar.
However it doesn't work too well so this is worth a try http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84049.0.html
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and welcome to the Forum, I hope you keep your Troll inside your TePee
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Bob
I've raised an internal problem (ref: 61222) to have this looked into. Could possibly be an unwanted product of the clocks moving forward over the weekend.

Should now be fixed, the VMBU database was still set to GMT.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

benmacdui

I have noticed over the last 4 to 5 weeks the recording of free and payed for usage is inaccurate.free usage done before 8am doesn't register on the web site in the evening of the same day but appeares as payed usage the following day with no account of the free usage at all, as almost all of my free usage is downloaded files i know exactly how much it is,allso
payed usage goes unregisted on the website Clearly adding free usage as payed usage especially at the end of the month could push me over the 10GB limit and lead to over charging.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to the Forum
how close to the 8 am switch are you talking about?
benmacdui

Thanks for the responce
Some times it can be a few minutes before 8am occasionally it can be a few minutes past 8am should this be a problem? in the past in a download crosses the line some of it was registered as payed use.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you accounted for the upload traffic whilst you are downloading?
Plusnet's practice is to discard traffic over a short period of time either side of the switch time to avoid such transfers being incorrectly assigned to the wrong paid/unpaid period. Have you any evidence to show that process isn't working?
David
Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If I can be so bold,to hijack this thread,Ive noticed a discrepancy in your useage monitor thingy too..
Ive made use of your "free after midnight" facility.The first week,it seemed to record my usage ok.This week Ive noticed,for the last several days,it says Ive only used cica 60 KBs which ofcourse is miniscule .
Last night,ie v-early Satuday Morning,I did nearly an hrs worth,mainly on Utube.  Netmeter tells me I used 140 MBs  worth,you say  about 65Kbs.....other nights Ive only done say 10 20 mins then gone to bed,but each time your meter says about 50-60 Kbs.I read earlier that you tend to disreagard small usage,but nearly an hrs worth ?  I know its "free"  but I'l like to be assured you are monitoring my usage properly,for biling reasons etc.
Also,earlier in the thread,I think it was old Jim.he mentioned "back scatter" on the Router,when its not used etc.Well Ive noticed that too on mine and I guessed it was something to do with monitoring etc?
Howver,when I looked Back scatter up,it says something about Denial of Service etc,which I thought is somthing to do with hacking?  Maybe someone can clue me in there as well. 
Apart from the above,I'd just like to say thanks to whoever,on PLusnet,for my first week and three quarters on here........Tom.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tomplus,
The VMBU meter runs approximately 2 hours behind, though if the data isn't showing now please let us know - I suspect that might be why it wasn't there when you checked?
With regard to backscatter - yes, DoS attacks are a form of hacking but the router is just reporting that those packets were received - it won't have responded to them, and there are people who just set these things going against huge lists of IP addresses in the hope of catching something, which is where these will be coming from. In the same way as SPAM, it's best ignored.
Glad you're happy with the service, thanks very much - and I hope that helps.
Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Matt,thanks for reply...................nope it isn't working ,that is not since about a week ago.It recorded my "free" late nite usage ok then,but since about last Mon-Tues.....it just records about 50-60 KBs and thats it.As I said,was on for nearly an hour (after 0000) couple of nights ago and Netmeter said about 140MBs......your thingy said, about  60-80KBs.
Thanks for explaining the DOS thing,thought it was something like that,nice to be reassured............................................so far,this is the best "£1.50" a week Ive ever spent !!    Tom