cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Premium

JonJon
Grafter

Upgrade to Premium

A while back, I got a text from BT saying that my broadband migration would happen on the 26th Jan.  Having initially been surprised as I've succesfully been with Plusnet for 6 months already, I later found out that my line was moving to the 21CN.
Having looked at the Premium product to make use of the extra speed (as Unlimited in the evenings can be tortuous), I went through the upgrade wizard on the website and changed to premium.  Or so I thought.  Did it work?  I didn't get any confirmation, and the website still showed I was on unlimited.
I sent a question to support via "My Questions", and 22 hours later (I thought the target was 4 hours?!) an analyst confirmed that the change would take place on my next billing date, nearly 4 weeks away.
Why do I need to wait so long to change products?  The analyst says it would disrupt the billing team too much - but how, as I'll be paying the same price?  Surely it's just the equivalent of "flicking a switch"?
The thing that amused me, though, is when I eventually found the automatic ticket saying I'd requested the change (why are these hidden & don't notify the customer?), it says:
This Customer has chosen to downgrade from "Plusnet Unlimited" to "Plusnet Premium"

Downgrade??!  Is this what I have to look forward to?! 
Rant over.. I'll just have to wait 3 weeks and see what happens...
16 REPLIES 16
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Upgrade to Premium

with luck Mand will see this tomorrow and wave her wand
deekay
Grafter

You may be interested in reading the thread I started on 26/01/2010 about changing to Premium.
I am due to change from BBYW2 to Premium when my new "Broadband Month" starts in a couple of days time. This will mean:
Useage allowance up from 15GB a month to 80GB a month.
Speeds up  (hopefully!)
Charge per month up (after the first three months)
Yet Plusnet call this a downgrade!
I got the usual email yesterday, warning me that my monthly payment would be taken out on Thursday, and hoping that 'I was enjoying using Plusnet Premium'. Sorry, PN, but not being a clairvoyant, I'll have to wait for a week or two before I can answer that.  Wink
This is not a rant, as I find it rather amusing.
Cheers
Keith
Mand
Grafter

@JonJon, done, but shush, don't tell anyone Wink
@deekay, sorry about the confusion there, the system sees it as a downgrade 'cos it's cheaper initially. There's a problem open on the email content, I'll see if I can nudge that along.
JonJon
Grafter

Cheers Mand!
It's a shame customers have to come on the forums to get things sorted though!
JonJon
Grafter

Ok.. what do I need to do to get it to change then?
I've tried rebooting the router, but looking at my line information, it is the same as yesterday (G.DMT):
DSL Driver Version:  AnnexA version - A2pB022g.d20e
DSL VPI/VCI:        0/38
DSL Status:          ShowtimeRetrain Reason: 0
DSL Mode:            G.DMT
DSL Channel:        INTR
DSL Upstream Rate:  448 Kbps
DSL Downstream Rate: 7616 Kbps
                      Down        up   
DSL Noise Margin:    14.9 dB      27.0 dB
DSL Attenuation:    26.0 dB      13.0 dB
DSL Transmit Power:  19.8 dBm    11.2 dBm
JonJon
Grafter

@Mand
Looks like there is an issue.  I found a ticket saying:
[Internal]
The Account Regrade process encountered an issue when trying to change the customer's account. The system attempted to select a tariff matching the contract period of the old product (18MONTH) but this is invalid for the new product. The system has automatically selected a period of 'MONTHLY'. Please check the customer's account type and scheduled payments, and ensure that the contract period is correct.

However, I asked about the contract at the beginning (ticket 31758317) as I was still on my Unlimited contract, and was told:
You can change to our Premium package either on the website or you can call us so we can do it for you. There is no contract you can cancel any time if you give us 10 days notice.
Mand
Grafter

Apologies, I should have spotted that.
The ADSL2+ thing is fine, it takes 5 working days to regrade, so you won't see a change until next Monday.
Regarding the contracts, that's because you signed up to an 18 month contract, but they don't exist anymore. The default behaviour of reverting to monthly is correct in your case, so I've closed that ticket. You're on a rolling monthly contract, with a 10 day notice period.
deekay
Grafter

Hello Mand.
Thanks for your reply. As I said, it was a light-hearted posting, sent as a change to the usual "PN is the world's worst ISP" type of postings to the Rants and Raves section.
Sorry, but I am confused - an easy state for me to get in!
After my change to Premium takes place, will I be on a month's contract too? I thought Premium was a 12 month contract.
Many thanks for clarifying this.
Cheers.
Keith

Mand
Grafter

All of our products are monthly contracts now, however if you take hardware/activation or such like you commit to either staying for 12 months or paying the costs if you leave.
deekay
Grafter

Thanks, Mand, for clearing up my contracts confusion.
Keith
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

12 month contracts were abolished some time ago - see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81029.0.html - you might like to add your vote.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JonJon
Grafter

Cheers Mand, I'll wait until Monday!
(Much better than waiting for 4 weeks, and then another week to regrade!)
JonJon
Grafter

@Mand
Still don't appear to be on ADSL+.  Does the regrade happen overnight?
--- DSL Information ---
DSL Driver Version:  AnnexA version - A2pB022g.d20e
DSL VPI/VCI:        0/38
DSL Status:          ShowtimeRetrain Reason: 0
DSL Mode:            G.DMT
DSL Channel:        INTR
DSL Upstream Rate:  448 Kbps
DSL Downstream Rate: 7616 Kbps
                      Down        up   
DSL Noise Margin:    15.6 dB      28.0 dB
DSL Attenuation:    26.0 dB      13.0 dB
DSL Transmit Power:  19.8 dBm    11.0 dBm
JonJon
Grafter

(I meant ADSL2+ in my last post!)
It's still showing G.DMT this morning, so assume nothing has changed.